Bunny Trails

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Bunny Trails

Post by temporal1 »

Ken wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:33 pm Could you tell us
why it is even a concern of yours?
Is it ok to ask any member to refrain from making requests for all members, esp framed against one member?

This approach reminds of old schoolmasters’ treatment of errant students, in attenpt to shame them in front of the class.
This was pretty much gone before my time in public schools.

Next up, rapping Josh’s knuckles with a ruler? Pulling out a dunce cap?

Someone may want to do that. i doubt all of “us” are interested in joining in.

No biggie. just wondering.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:16 pm
Is it ok to ask any member to refrain from making requests for all members, esp framed against one member?

This approach reminds of old schoolmasters’ treatment of errant students, in attenpt to shame them in front of the class.

I think Ken's question was OK to ask. Some questions are uncomfortable because we don't like what the answer says about us, but that doesn't necessarily mean the question shouldn't be asked.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

ken_sylvania wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:24 pm
temporal1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:16 pm

I think Ken's question was OK to ask. Some questions are uncomfortable because we don't like what the answer says about us, but that doesn't necessarily mean the question shouldn't be asked.
my question is about the framing of the question. i.e., i’m a member here, but not part of the “us” used as a weapon against Josh, who is another member. i didn’t vote for a representative! :lol:
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

It’s fine that he asked the question.

I simply want clarification of what bathroom they expect to use.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:15 pm It’s fine that he asked the question.

I simply want clarification of what bathroom they expect to use.
i wasn’t intending to speak for you, you do well enough! :P
i guess i’m plural pronoun sensitive, i don’t care to be scooped up in others’ questions/statements.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Catholic to Anabaptist Re: Bunny Trails

Post by temporal1 »

P.3 Agreement:
MaxPC wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:24 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:18 pm
MaxPC wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:45 pm Regarding angry people, I am discussing Scripture with Sudsy.
You can advise all you like but the discussion is between Sudsy and I in that post. He is not calling me out nor is he pointing out wrong-doing by any church. We are speaking into the Scriptural teachings on interpersonal behaviors between disciples. I have no idea where you are getting these accusations. Feel free to reread Sudsy's post and my response.
Uh-huh. 8-)
You puzzle me, KenS. In the Commonwealth when we address a person by name, that is a sign that the following words are addressed to that person. Does that have a different modal connotation in the USA? Feel free to reread my post with that in mind.

P.2 Catholic to Anabaptist:
MaxPC wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:22 pm
Ernie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:19 pm
Judas Maccabeus wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:34 pm I know Stephen, but not really well. His journey out of Catholicism was directly into Anabaptism, mine was via an evangelical/holiness church. I had differences with the Roman Catholic Church that were doctrinal, far beyond nonresistance. (Transubstantiation, where is final authority, confession and absolution by a priest being required, the ability to state people are going to hell for breaking the RCCs rules ect.) I did not go to Catholic school, since my parents could not register in the parish, I checked out of the RCC, and came to Christ about 5 years later.

That being said, you would likely be surprised how many non-Mennonite background people are from Catholic backgrounds. Most would see me as having come from a Evangelical/Holiness church.
Regarding the bolded above, do Catholics still do this? If so, where and how?
The RCC teaches that those who persist in mortal sin and refuse to repent are excommunicated. If they die unrepentant then the Church states they are not in heaven nor even purgatory.
^^In this quote, Ernie is directing a question to JM, yet, Max is first to respond.
Neither Ernie nor JM admonish or protest. (Public forum)
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

p.10 / Evangelization Re: Bunny Trails

Post by temporal1 »

Ken wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:32 am
NedFlanders wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:21 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:13 pm It depends entirely on the job in question.
I can understand how it wouldn’t work for a public school teacher to keep his job if he were to be sharing the kingdom of God with his students. But then again, neither are we called to put our job before Christ, rather we are called to forsake all!
Not just school teachers. Pretty much any public or private sector job in which you have a captive audience: https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news/tr ... llow-jesus
Funny.
In other recent posts, you’ve described how your fellow teachers are free to exhibit all sorts of Christian messages, other faith messages, in their classrooms. (i don’t find this to be the case in my family’s PNW public school classroom.)

in plain’s topic, she’s interested in constructive, tangible ways to evangelize, to not be muffled.
Not messagesof, “you can’t do that!”
0 x

UNKNOWN
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse

Post by Sudsy »

This is one of many current events discussed here that I don't find anything unique about how Anabaptists observe the events going on in this world any different than others. I'm not sure this is what was intended for this sub forum. My guess is that this was not originally intended for just discussing a current event with no or very little definite spiritual discussion.

Seems to me current event discussions are being very much both in the world and also of the world. I often don't see any uniqueness in how Anabaptists consider current events than many unbelievers would. Seems this sub forum is often used as a chat area for things not related to Christianity without making that a real stretch. Current Events guidlelines says -
Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Quietlylistening did respond with this - 'But praying for all involved/affected'.

Or, perhaps this sub forum instruction means this is not only for Anabaptists involvement but for Anabaptists to approach or address any current event whether or not they have a spiritual perspective on the event or not. If that is what was intended or is currently desired to be used for, then, although disappointing to me, I guess, it is what it is.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:50 am This is one of many current events discussed here that I don't find anything unique about how Anabaptists observe the events going on in this world any different than others. I'm not sure this is what was intended for this sub forum. My guess is that this was not originally intended for just discussing a current event with no or very little definite spiritual discussion.

Seems to me current event discussions are being very much both in the world and also of the world. I often don't see any uniqueness in how Anabaptists consider current events than many unbelievers would. Seems this sub forum is often used as a chat area for things not related to Christianity without making that a real stretch. Current Events guidlelines says -
Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Quietlylistening did respond with this - 'But praying for all involved/affected'.

Or, perhaps this sub forum instruction means this is not only for Anabaptists involvement but for Anabaptists to approach or address any current event whether or not they have a spiritual perspective on the event or not. If that is what was intended or is currently desired to be used for, then, although disappointing to me, I guess, it is what it is.
Why do you even bother sticking around? It feels like you're always complaining about people posting about the wrong things in the wrong threads - maybe you can start a forum where you can be moderator and organize all the posts to your liking?
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:50 am This is one of many current events discussed here that I don't find anything unique about how Anabaptists observe the events going on in this world any different than others. I'm not sure this is what was intended for this sub forum. My guess is that this was not originally intended for just discussing a current event with no or very little definite spiritual discussion.

If we're gonna crack down on this thread, then there should have been a few others that should have been axed long already. But we didn't....
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!