Bunny Trails

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse

Post by Szdfan »

Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:50 am This is one of many current events discussed here that I don't find anything unique about how Anabaptists observe the events going on in this world any different than others. I'm not sure this is what was intended for this sub forum. My guess is that this was not originally intended for just discussing a current event with no or very little definite spiritual discussion.

Seems to me current event discussions are being very much both in the world and also of the world. I often don't see any uniqueness in how Anabaptists consider current events than many unbelievers would. Seems this sub forum is often used as a chat area for things not related to Christianity without making that a real stretch. Current Events guidlelines says -
Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Quietlylistening did respond with this - 'But praying for all involved/affected'.

Or, perhaps this sub forum instruction means this is not only for Anabaptists involvement but for Anabaptists to approach or address any current event whether or not they have a spiritual perspective on the event or not. If that is what was intended or is currently desired to be used for, then, although disappointing to me, I guess, it is what it is.
I stuck this topic into the "Current Events" subforum because it seemed like the appropriate place, but of course, people can have a spiritual discussion about it.
Last edited by Szdfan on Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Szdfan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:37 am I lived in Baltimore for six years. This is horrifying.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna145047
BALTIMORE — A major bridge collapsed in Baltimore on Tuesday morning after it was hit by a container ship, sending several vehicles plunging into the water below.

Emergency responders were searching for at least seven people who were missing, and two were rescued from the water after the ship collided with a pillar supporting part of the Francis Scott Key Bridge, which carries the Interstate 695 over the Patapsco River southeast of the Baltimore metropolitan area.
:pray :pray :pray :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:02 pm
Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:50 am This is one of many current events discussed here that I don't find anything unique about how Anabaptists observe the events going on in this world any different than others. I'm not sure this is what was intended for this sub forum. My guess is that this was not originally intended for just discussing a current event with no or very little definite spiritual discussion.

Seems to me current event discussions are being very much both in the world and also of the world. I often don't see any uniqueness in how Anabaptists consider current events than many unbelievers would. Seems this sub forum is often used as a chat area for things not related to Christianity without making that a real stretch. Current Events guidlelines says -
Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Quietlylistening did respond with this - 'But praying for all involved/affected'.

Or, perhaps this sub forum instruction means this is not only for Anabaptists involvement but for Anabaptists to approach or address any current event whether or not they have a spiritual perspective on the event or not. If that is what was intended or is currently desired to be used for, then, although disappointing to me, I guess, it is what it is.
Why do you even bother sticking around? It feels like you're always complaining about people posting about the wrong things in the wrong threads - maybe you can start a forum where you can be moderator and organize all the posts to your liking?
:laugh You certainly don't hold back from challenging what others have to say do you ? I do think and will give an opinion on when I think we are wandering from the forum guidelines as do others when they think I am not staying on topic. What the moderators and others chose to do with that input is up to them. I suggest you put my posts on your 'foes' list so you won't be soooo offended by my input.
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:20 pm

Why do you even bother sticking around? It feels like you're always complaining about people posting about the wrong things in the wrong threads - maybe you can start a forum where you can be moderator and organize all the posts to your liking?
:laugh You certainly don't hold back from challenging what others have to say do you ? I do think and will give an opinion on when I think we are wandering from the forum guidelines as do others when they think I am not staying on topic. What the moderators and others chose to do with that input is up to them. I suggest you put my posts on your 'foes' list so you won't be soooo offended by my input.
I didn't realize I was offended by your input.

You gave your opinion, I gave mine, and I guess you don't like my opinion so you think I should put you on my foes list???? Weird....
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Bunny Trails

Post by RZehr »

Maybe Sudsy is rich. Old retired rich people are known to become cranky over small things.
0 x
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Szdfan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:13 pm

Or, perhaps this sub forum instruction means this is how quickly not only for Anabaptists involvement but for Anabaptists to approach or address any current event whether or not they have a spiritual perspective on the event or not. If that is what was intended or is currently desired to be used for, then, although disappointing to me, I guess, it is what it is.
I stuck this topic into the "Current Events" subforum because it seemed like the appropriate place, but of course, people can have a spiritual discussion about it.
This event is another example of how quickly life can come to an end for some and it could have been much worse at another time of day. We have a new bridge being built 30 miles from my home over the river between Windsor and Detroit. It is quite amazing to watch on the steady flow of Internet videos. I hope to live another year or so and use it. I often wonder just how often people consider eternity as they cross these bridges. I know I do. Jesus is our Mediator (I Timothy 2:5), the connection, the bridge, between God and us. He is a bridge that will never fail.
2 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:50 am What the moderators and others chose to do with that input is up to them.
I could have moved the thread to "Other" but it is, after all, a Current Event, and there's little practical difference. But the bunny trail got moved because it is, after all, a bunny trail.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:34 pm
This event is another example of how quickly life can come to an end for some and it could have been much worse at another time of day. We have a new bridge being built 30 miles from my home over the river between Windsor and Detroit. It is quite amazing to watch on the steady flow of Internet videos. I hope to live another year or so and use it. I often wonder just how often people consider eternity as they cross these bridges. I know I do. Jesus is our Mediator (I Timothy 2:5), the connection, the bridge, between God and us. He is a bridge that will never fail.
Amen. The most terrifying bridge I have ever traveled was the Seven Mile Bridge to the Florida Keys. I was riding on a bus and it was on the old, narrow two lane bridge. I kept thinking that if anyone veered an inch or two out of their lane, there would be a horrific crash into the water. I closed my eyes and prayed until we were past it.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:24 pm

You gave your opinion, I gave mine, and I guess you don't like my opinion so you think I should put you on my foes list???? Weird....
I suggested you use the 'foes' list as in the past and on this thread you appear to me to be offended, for example, when you question why I stick around. And now you say my foes list suggestion is 'Weird....'. I have used the 'foes' list myself when I feel people respond like yourself and so I will now put you on it so I don't get into this further. You seem to me to be often looking for a fight. Perhaps some day in the future we will be able to be more civil in our responses to each other.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:50 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:24 pm

I suggested you use the 'foes' list as in the past and on this thread you appear to me to be offended, for example, when you question why I stick around. And now you say my foes list suggestion is 'Weird....'. I have used the 'foes' list myself when I feel people respond like yourself and so I will now put you on it so I don't get into this further. You seem to me to be often looking for a fight. Perhaps some day in the future we will be able to be more civil in our responses to each other.
I was and am not offended in the least. It is of course your privilege if you prefer not to see my posts. I wish you all the best.
0 x