Bunny Trails

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Early Anabaptist writers on Divorce and Remarriage

Post by temporal1 »

Wade wrote:Since I typed out a post in the Mennonite view of Divorce and Remarriage and by the time I posted it became locked and got lost I would like to try and remember it and do it again here. If that is not okay then maybe it can be moved elsewhere?

When we fellowship with conservative Anabaptist's I really feel at home and connected with most all of them. I feel my heart is against divorce and remarriage but yet as what was said about culture and background my mind was struggling with this idea, and I wasn't sure if I could discredit the exception clause and wanted to read scripture right without omitting. Besides with my background being a backwoods hick where alcoholism, domestic violence, adultery and the such were not foreign. It seemed there were legitimate reasons for divorce and even possibly remarriage...

It may come as a surprise from some of my posts but my heart has been fighting with my mind about this.

Meditating about things in scripture coupled with the thread really helped exercise my mind if that is the right wording in helping it connect to what my heart had been telling.

Thank you to all for participating and really being a big help in seeking out God's will and design in this matter.
i'll bunny trail with you.
it helps to know that we are not the judge, or to judge.
there is rampant brokenness in the world, trust that your experience is not unique!
i wish it were.

we are to seek Light, Light will help all.
that does not mean there is not pain. there certainly is.
but, anyone is free to acquire Light, no matter circumstances.
it requires choice, and, most often, change.

i see no conflict in things you have shared, combined with empathy for those not so moved, or those living in abject ignorance. this is what being a Salt and Light is, in our families, and in the world.

i'm glad you have folks you are able to fellowship with. what a blessing.
i'm sure they are blessed to have you and your family.
time will bring many answers to you.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
admin
Site Janitor
Affiliation:

Bunny Trails

Post by admin »

For ... bunny trails.

Yea, we had to do this.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Bunny Trails

Post by temporal1 »

admin wrote:For ... bunny trails.
Yea, we had to do this.
thanks for explanation. not my thread!
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Post by PeterG »

From this page:
appleman2006 wrote:The amount of political corruptness in your government in the last 8 years was right up there with any eight year period in the history of your nation and Hillary was right in the middle of it.
Can you please support this assertion, appleman? You may want to consider other periods of American history, such as, for example, 1869–1877.

I am no fan of Obama, Clinton, and company, but a sense of perspective is needed. With all due respect, I am tired of seeing so many political posts on MN that are, at best, hyperbolic. The situation has threatened to turn me into a nightmarish troll-version of Bootstrap; you should see some of the things I haven't posted. :shock:
0 x
"It is a weird" —Ken
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

PeterG wrote:With all due respect, I am tired of seeing so many political posts on MN that are, at best, hyperbolic. The situation has threatened to turn me into a nightmarish troll-version of Bootstrap; you should see some of the things I haven't posted. :shock:
:clap: :up: :rofl:
0 x
cmbl
Affiliation: Pilgrim, NMB

Post by cmbl »

PeterG wrote:From this page:
appleman2006 wrote:The amount of political corruptness in your government in the last 8 years was right up there with any eight year period in the history of your nation and Hillary was right in the middle of it.
Can you please support this assertion, appleman? You may want to consider other periods of American history, such as, for example, 1869–1877.

I am no fan of Obama, Clinton, and company, but a sense of perspective is needed. With all due respect, I am tired of seeing so many political posts on MN that are, at best, hyperbolic. The situation has threatened to turn me into a nightmarish troll-version of Bootstrap; you should see some of the things I haven't posted. :shock:
I know that we can mark forums read without actually browsing the new posts. Is there a way to tell the forum software that user X always wants to ignore forum Y?
0 x
"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous."
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

PeterG wrote:From this page:

I apologize. Perhaps I overstated my point slightly. There may well have been times in American history that were more corrupt. I am really tempted to try and make my case but I am not sure it is worth the effort. The main point I was trying to point out is that the stink runs really deep. I will call any side that trys to make the other worse.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

appleman2006 wrote:Perhaps I overstated my point slightly. There may well have been times in American history that were more corrupt. I am really tempted to try and make my case but I am not sure it is worth the effort. The main point I was trying to point out is that the sink runs really deep. I will call any side that try's to make the other worse.
Appleman, I feel you were spot on in pointing out the guilt of both candidates. Corruption has been in both political party ditches with both being hypocritical with their demonization of the opposing candidate. We can either spend time arguing who is more hypocritical as mass media is wont to do; or we can put our time, talents and energy to work for God. [bible]Luke 9,60[/bible]
RZehr wrote:
PeterG wrote:With all due respect, I am tired of seeing so many political posts on MN that are, at best, hyperbolic. The situation has threatened to turn me into a nightmarish troll-version of Bootstrap; you should see some of the things I haven't posted. :shock:
:clap: :up: :rofl:
X2 and Amen :laugh
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Post by PeterG »

appleman2006 wrote:I apologize. Perhaps I overstated my point slightly.
Perhaps the most annoying thing about you, appleman, is that it's impossible to stay annoyed at you for very long. :)
appleman2006 wrote:The main point I was trying to point out is that the stink runs really deep.
It does, but this has everything to do with fallen man's exercise of power, and little or nothing to do specifically with the Obama administration or its officials. In fact, I would argue that the Obama administration, like any average US administration, is about as good as it gets when it comes to human government. I strongly suspect that you would have a very difficult time demonstrating that any ten of the forty-three previous US administrations were clearly less corrupt than Obama's. Of course, this is an indictment of government in general much more than it's an endorsement of Obama.
0 x
"It is a weird" —Ken
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

I may actually not be as negative towards all people in government as you are ironically. I actually believe there are at least a few "Mr. Smiths" that have been successful in maintaining their integrity.

But I will grant you the point that overall corruption in government is not a new thing. What may give modern day politicians an extra black slant is that never before in history has almost everything they say or do in public been so available for everyone to see and hear.

But to anyone that does not believe that the stink runs extra deep within the last administration look up and do some in depth study of just these three or four topics.

1.The Benghazi situation
2. The IRS targeting scandal
3. The Clinton email disaster.
4. And what I think is the biggest one of them all. The Clinton foundation boondoggle.
My guess is that you have not heard the last of most of these and that part of the reason the left is so devastated by their lost is that they know a bunch more stuff on some of this stuff is now more liable to come to light.
That could very well be the only good thing that will come out of Trump being elected IMO.
0 x