Bunny Trails

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Clarence Yoder, the Buffalo Challenger...

Post by temporal1 »

ken_sylvania wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:13 am
temporal1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:29 am Including the dog incident in her book was a rookie political mistake. The animal rights lobbies are powerful.
Gloating about shooting a dog while angry is only a "rookie political mistake" in the sense that it fails to conceal the flawed character of the author. I certainly wouldn't want to see such a person as President.
i didn’t read this, i don’t know if it’s fact.
my view is based on years of loose observation, in which i’ve found her well-spoken and measured.
i don’t expect any human to be flawless. esp not politicians.

my hunch is, she was just too good to allow to get anywhere.

time will tell. certainly, lots of politicians with far more flaws have overcome far worse obstacles.
will she bother? i have no idea. many drop out when confronted with adversity.

i can’t think of any prominent politician who hasn’t outlived far worse. including biden and LBJ. hillary gave it her best shot.

KN’s anger could be at herself for making such a silly mistake, ignoring animal rights lobbies.
To repeat, i’m deliberately NOT going after details.

My hope is she’ll forget about it and move on. Her positives outweigh this, and, memories are short.
If she allows it to do too much damage, she’s not ready for the big screen. She’s done a good job for SD. More than others can say.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Szdfan wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:17 pm
I also agree with this point —

https://thefederalist.com/2024/04/30/in ... isti-noem/
A fascinating aspect of this “scandal” is to see how people apply a subconscious animal hierarchy to Noem’s story and against which they judge her actions. I have said nothing outrages Americans so much as cruelty to animals or what they perceive to be cruelty to animals. But that’s not quite true. Some animals would be more accurate.

Let’s remember that Noem tells of the demise of more than her dog. Cricket, she discovered, was a chicken-killer. Where’s the moral outrage at this dog’s cruelty to these innocent fowl? Well, of course, there isn’t any, and that is because in the minds of pet-loving Americans, dogs rank higher in that hierarchy than do chickens.

Noem, however, like ranchers and farmers the world over, has a hierarchy too, and in that one, a dog, even a pet, ranks well beneath the livestock upon which the ranch depends for its survival.
I think that's accurate. Wanton cruelty is to be avoided no matter the place a critter holds in that hierarchy, but somehow I do have a greater revulsion to the idea of killing a dog by smashing its head than to killing a mouse by stomping on it when it runs by. Young boys can be trained not to pull the wings off of flies for enjoyment, and not to shoot everything that moves just for fun.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

i’m personally tender-hearted to a fault about animals, including flies and mosquitos.
But i’m a realist about hunters, farmers, butchers, dinner on the table.

i’m not a vegetarian or vegan, altho my heart might be.

also, i don’t believe anger, or acts of passion, equate to wanton cruelty, which, to me, suggests torture.
self-restraint is an important sign of emotional intelligence. to repeat, i’m not sure of allegations of anger in this incident.
maybe, maybe not. innocent until proven guilty.

i’ve read, SD is a strong farming and hunting state, KN was evidently speaking to these, not blue state suburbanites.
the lib press is ready to pounce.

i’ve also read, these types of books by candidate hopefuls are common, and typically do not sell. i’ve never read one. i don’t plan to read this one.
0 x

UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:29 am “Why biden allowed his dog, Commander, to bite multiple people, including SS, dozens of times” .. :roll:
I know Steve Stutzman seems to have a knack for finding himself in awkward situations, but hadn't heard about this one. Dozens of times, you say?
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

ohio jones wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:25 pm
temporal1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:29 am “Why biden allowed his dog, Commander, to bite multiple people, including SS, dozens of times” .. :roll:
I know Steve Stutzman seems to have a knack for finding himself in awkward situations, but hadn't heard about this one. Dozens of times, you say?
Maybe the dog is biting social services? The SS units?
His security servers?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Szdfan wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:17 pm [quote=

I also agree with this point —

https://thefederalist.com/2024/04/30/in ... isti-noem/
A fascinating aspect of this “scandal” is to see how people apply a subconscious animal hierarchy to Noem’s story and against which they judge her actions. I have said nothing outrages Americans so much as cruelty to animals or what they perceive to be cruelty to animals. But that’s not quite true. Some animals would be more accurate.

Let’s remember that Noem tells of the demise of more than her dog. Cricket, she discovered, was a chicken-killer. Where’s the moral outrage at this dog’s cruelty to these innocent fowl? Well, of course, there isn’t any, and that is because in the minds of pet-loving Americans, dogs rank higher in that hierarchy than do chickens.

Noem, however, like ranchers and farmers the world over, has a hierarchy too, and in that one, a dog, even a pet, ranks well beneath the livestock upon which the ranch depends for its survival.
I can’t agree more to this point. This understanding of rural life seems unfortunately to be extinct within city limits.
1 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Bunny Trails

Post by RZehr »

:lol:
2 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Soloist wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:28 pm
I know Steve Stutzman seems to have a knack for finding himself in awkward situations, but hadn't heard about this one.
Dozens of times, you say?
His security servers?
The fact ya’ll know about KN’s doggie, but somehow not about Commander, in the White House, tells the tale (of media influence):

BBC / Joe Biden dog Commander bit Secret Service agents at least 24 times
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68366306

It can be fairly presumed, Commander didn’t bite SS agents exclusively, nor were all human bites recorded/reported.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

temporal1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:27 pm
Soloist wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:28 pm
I know Steve Stutzman seems to have a knack for finding himself in awkward situations, but hadn't heard about this one.
Dozens of times, you say?
His security servers?
The fact ya’ll know about KN’s doggie, but somehow not about Commander, in the White House, tells the tale (of media influence):

It can be fairly presumed, Commander didn’t bite SS agents exclusively, nor were all human bites recorded/reported.

Actually aside from Mennonet, I’d have no clue about any dog outside of my parents dog.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Soloist wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:36 pm
temporal1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:27 pm
Soloist wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:28 pm Maybe the dog is biting social services? The SS units?
His security servers?

Actually aside from Mennonet, I’d have no clue about any dog outside of my parents dog.
The White House pets get significant air time.
If KN were not a VP hopeful, there would be no coverage. She’s a target. The harder they hit, the more intimidated they are by her. At this stage, they’re just picking off easy targets, one by one, as they can. i have no idea how serious she is.
0 x

UNKNOWN