Bunny Trails

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Bunny Trails

Post by RZehr »

Soloist wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:18 pm Sudsy, red is reserved for moderators only
There you go, trying to limit certain things to certain people.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

RZehr wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:12 pm
Soloist wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:18 pm Sudsy, red is reserved for moderators only
Furthermore, it is an extra-Biblical rule. As would be any rules we would make about restricting participation in threads.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Yep. Fixed. Red is for Mods only.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

ohio jones wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:23 am
Furthermore, it is an extra-Biblical rule. As would be any rules we would make about restricting participation in threads.
I apologize for using red. I forgot that was for moderators only and was just trying to separate my latest input from previous input in blue. I will try to remember to use a different colour next time. And as I previously indicated, I have no further input to my view of keeping the forum open. Have a nice day ! Thanks Robert.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Sudsy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:20 am I forgot that was for moderators only and was just trying to separate my latest input from previous input in blue.
Because you always try to be kind and considerate, I immediately assumed this. It just took a few seconds to fix it. It was kind of fun after a week of working in 100 degree heat fixing toilets, A/C units and whatever else popped up. Well, the toilets were in rooms with A/C, so that was not so bad.
0 x
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Robert wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:33 am
Sudsy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:20 am I forgot that was for moderators only and was just trying to separate my latest input from previous input in blue.
Because you always try to be kind and considerate, I immediately assumed this. It just took a few seconds to fix it. It was kind of fun after a week of working in 100 degree heat fixing toilets, A/C units and whatever else popped up. Well, the toilets were in rooms with A/C, so that was not so bad.
Speaking of working in high heat jobs, I once worked as a teen in a greenhouse spreading manure in temperatures over 100+ degree fahrenheit with bees swarming around my head. I drank and sweat a lot of water on this job and got stung a few times. That was the most physically challenging job I have ever had. The next to that was in 100+ temperature picking peaches with all the itchy peach fuzz to deal with and no breeze.

I can't imagine fixing some toilets I have seen, A/C or no A/C. I've had to work on some with a plunger over my lifetime and it is hard to do that job without making a face of disgust.
1 x
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Sudsy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:53 am I've had to work on some with a plunger over my lifetime and it is hard to do that job without making a face of disgust.
I have changed so many diapers in my lifetime, it does not phase me. I like being the invisible person behind giving kids a wonderful camp experience where they encounter our Creator. They had 140 baptisms a few weeks ago. These were teens, mostly older teens. Feels good knowing my efforts are part of what God is doing to impact lives.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

No voice is too minor to share Truth. That is what drives kings crazy.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Robert wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:34 am
Sudsy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:53 am I've had to work on some with a plunger over my lifetime and it is hard to do that job without making a face of disgust.
I have changed so many diapers in my lifetime, it does not phase me. I like being the invisible person behind giving kids a wonderful camp experience where they encounter our Creator. They had 140 baptisms a few weeks ago. These were teens, mostly older teens. Feels good knowing my efforts are part of what God is doing to impact lives.
Wow ! 140 baptisms mostly older teens. Praise the Lord !

Curious - do you have baptismal classes prior to baptism and discipleship classes after baptism ? Neither, one or both ? I suspect these teens are from various Anabaptist churches, right ?

What about baptismal sponsors ? In the MB church I attended each candidate for baptism had a sponsor who would give a little background and encouragement just before the one they sponsored was baptised. Then the one baptised would give their testimony about how they became a believer. These stories were written in the church bulletin also for people to follow as these testimonies were given.

I suspect there is a variety of different procedures Anabaptists take but I don't really know. Sadly I was the sponsor for a friend who took the baptismal classes prior to baptism and he gave indications that he was truly keen on following Jesus. Later on we found out he did this because his wife wanted him to and he honored her desire before she died of cancer. Hopefully before he dies he will reconsider what he was taught and truly give his heart to Jesus.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Sudsy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:55 pm Curious - do you have baptismal classes prior to baptism and discipleship classes after baptism ? Neither, one or both ? I suspect these teens are from various Anabaptist churches, right ?
Nope. That group was from some denomination called Keystone. We assisted with some of the programming, but most of that was their leaders with their youth. That means they can stay connected and work with them as they return home.
0 x