Bootstrap, Max, Temp, Groundrules ...

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Bootstrap, Max, Temp, Groundrules ...

Post by Bootstrap »

People should feel free to keep posting. I'm in listening mode until at least tomorrow morning.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

I'm in no place to assess the true intent of those involved in this ever-present tension, but it's possible that some (or all, or none) really aren't willing to work towards reconciliation. Forgive me, but I can't help but wonder.

Even if none of you are truly willing to work towards peace, I'd beg you all to, quite frankly, cut it out for the sake of the rest of us here. Aside from it being distasteful and inconsiderate, you all need to realize that, as Christians, your every deed holds significance and has repercussions.
As seen in the scripture- "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you". Those stronger and weaker in the faith than you are watching. If you're incapable of operating in a Christ-like way, it'd be better to refrain from the forum/ posting until you've reached the point to where you can do so.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I don't think nonresistance means letting the loudest voices dominate a conversation and letting people consistently misrepresent Mennonite positions in a forum that is ostensibly an Anabaptist and Mennonite forum.

Bootstrap in particular is a Mennonite; he just happens not to be a conservative Mennonite. I don't know why some people who are not conservative Mennonites themselves have a huge problem with that.

I think the best way I can support my conservative Mennonite values is to be part of a conservative Mennonite congregation and participate in the life of that congregation. But much of that life means choosing to relate well and to listen to people who have left the conservative space, and thinking about how to be like Jesus with them and be a peacemaker.

If I want CM opinions, I'd go to people I know are CM and ask them.
0 x