What are you reading?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Re: What are you reading?

Post by gcdonner »

Just started reading "Victory of the Lamb, by Mark Wilson, as a result of an article in BAR. So far, so good.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

I'm reading Planted: A Story of Creation, Calling, and Community by Leah Kostamo. It is a book that is part of the inspiration of a new non-profit, Hungry World Farm ( https://www.facebook.com/Hungryworldfarm/ ), that I hope to be involved in.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

JimFoxvog wrote:I'm reading Planted: A Story of Creation, Calling, and Community by Leah Kostamo. It is a book that is part of the inspiration of a new non-profit, Hungry World Farm ( https://www.facebook.com/Hungryworldfarm/ ), that I hope to be involved in.
Interesting, Jim. Is this a faith group or is it similar to 4-H and ag extension services? I tried the link to their site but it doesn't work.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

gcdonner wrote:Just started reading "Victory of the Lamb, by Mark Wilson, as a result of an article in BAR. So far, so good.
George, what is BAR? Biblical Anabaptist Review?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

MaxPC wrote:
gcdonner wrote:Just started reading "Victory of the Lamb, by Mark Wilson, as a result of an article in BAR. So far, so good.
Is there a publication called Biblical Anabaptist Review? I assumed he was talking about Biblical Archaeology Review, a really cool magazine.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

The Benedict Option by Rod Dreher
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I'm listening to The Benedict Option on Audible.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

RZehr wrote:I'm listening to The Benedict Option on Audible.
I'd be interested in your thoughts when finished.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:
Bootstrap nailed it with Biblical Archaeology Review. Wonderful reading on historically relevant finds to the Bible, and even some controversy from time to time. They were very much a part of the process to finally get the Dead Sea Scrolls published, for which they are applauded.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

gcdonner wrote:
MaxPC wrote:
Bootstrap nailed it with Biblical Archaeology Review. Wonderful reading on historically relevant finds to the Bible, and even some controversy from time to time. They were very much a part of the process to finally get the Dead Sea Scrolls published, for which they are applauded.
Fascinating. What do you think of the book thus far?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)