Whole Body Health

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Whole Body Health

Post by Valerie »

Because we discuss conventional vs Naturopathic/Holistic approach- I thought I'd share this wonderful "Clinic" in my town- and suggest you spend some time looking at what all is done there- I think it is a pretty incredible place- (the Dr.s are Christians!)

Anyways- they treat a myriad of symptoms/conditions you may find it all so interesting!

https://www.wholebodyhealth.org/
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Re: Whole Body Health

Post by Hats Off »

Roger Hertzler would have some advice for anyone seeing these practitioners. Some of the words used in describing the work are dead giveaways to the spirit of this place.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Hats Off wrote:Roger Hertzler would have some advice for anyone seeing these practitioners. Some of the words used in describing the work are dead giveaways to the spirit of this place.
Are you talking about this?

http://www.anabaptistslive.com/docs/han ... orcery.pdf

If so, than I agree with him.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Hats Off wrote:Roger Hertzler would have some advice for anyone seeing these practitioners. Some of the words used in describing the work are dead giveaways to the spirit of this place.
Words such as? the 'sprit' of this place is to understand the body that God designed- and to get it back to it's original state- because of the way processed foods, the American diet, harmful medications, etc- have hurt so many people's bodies-
Myriads of testimonies of those who were not getting help through their doctors caused them to turn elsewhere-
WE don't understand how the human body functions to the degree that these folks do. It is not our area of expertise.

So what words alarm you hats off?
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:

J.M.
I will have to watch this when I have time but the words in your link tell me it's truly a false accusation if that is the case- I am sensitive to anything that hints of sorcery of divination and this practice does nothing of the kind- at all. Dr. Weeks is a Chiropractor who is the 6th generation of doctors in his family- the first 5 were conventional- but then his father turned away from conventional I believe- I'm reading Dr. Weeks book "Living Whole Body Health" which helps people get back to a healthy life WITHOUT sorcery or divination- I suppose because of the Amish there is that 'fear' but I assure who, their practice does nothing of the kind- or I wouldn't step foot in it- the Holy Spirit has yanked me from things like that in the past- He has not brought any of that conviction here-
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Would the term "holistic" apply here, or am I not understanding what you mean by "Whole Body Health"?
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Valerie wrote:
Judas Maccabeus wrote:

J.M.
I will have to watch this when I have time but the words in your link tell me it's truly a false accusation if that is the case- I am sensitive to anything that hints of sorcery of divination and this practice does nothing of the kind- at all. Dr. Weeks is a Chiropractor who is the 6th generation of doctors in his family- the first 5 were conventional- but then his father turned away from conventional I believe- I'm reading Dr. Weeks book "Living Whole Body Health" which helps people get back to a healthy life WITHOUT sorcery or divination- I suppose because of the Amish there is that 'fear' but I assure who, their practice does nothing of the kind- or I wouldn't step foot in it- the Holy Spirit has yanked me from things like that in the past- He has not brought any of that conviction here-
I am simply agreeing with Hertzler here. This is a PDF handout not a video so it is a short read. Please comment after reading this.

J. M.
0 x
:hug:
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:

J.M.
JM, Thank you for posting the pdf link. After reading it, I am pleased to see that it matches the information in Catholic world on such things. We too have been concerned about new age practices and are careful to avoid any practitioners of such things. The sad part is this: even though there are chiropractors who do not use such practices, their profession seems to have a number of those who do. Watch, discern and walk carefully is a good way to go with this.
steve-in-kville wrote:Would the term "holistic" apply here, or am I not understanding what you mean by "Whole Body Health"?
There are those who have used the term holistic in the past with no new age meaning and are reputable: the osteopathic branch of medicine used this approach (though increasingly they have adopted the same interventions as MDs). In the past 30 years or so, new age practitioners have used the term so frequently that "holistic" has become one of the signifiers of the new age movement.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

It seems there are people looking for and making evil about anything that isn't conventional medicine...

From Galatians 5:19-21:
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
The word "witchcraft" comes from the root word of pharmacy... †φαρμακεία pharmakeía, far-mak-i'-ah; from G5332; medication ("pharmacy"), i.e. (by extension) magic (literally or figuratively):—sorcery, witchcraft.

Could pharmaceutical drugs fall into the same category as witchcraft?

My point here is Romans 2:1 again...
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

MaxPC wrote:
steve-in-kville wrote:Would the term "holistic" apply here, or am I not understanding what you mean by "Whole Body Health"?
There are those who have used the term holistic in the past with no new age meaning and are reputable: the osteopathic branch of medicine used this approach (though increasingly they have adopted the same interventions as MDs). In the past 30 years or so, new age practitioners have used the term so frequently that "holistic" has become one of the signifiers of the new age movement.
Here is the definition of holistic:
ho·lis·tic
[hōˈlistik]

ADJECTIVE
philosophy
characterized by comprehension of the parts of something as intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole.
medicine
characterized by the treatment of the whole person, taking into account mental and social factors, rather than just the symptoms of a disease.
I believe whole heartedly that Christ was holistic:
17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
But since people you mention misuse the word; does that mean it is appropriate for us to let those people define it for us?
0 x