FB: Locked. Government Photo ID

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: FB: Locked. Government Photo ID

Post by temporal1 »

mike wrote: .. I am impressed with the age demographics of Facebook users.
This is a social media platform that is being used heavily by people of all ages.
one of the early things i noticed about the internet, and, strengthened by my experience on this forum, was how the internet provides a great outlet for the disabled, for shut-ins, of all ages, and, for older folks.

the internet “levels the playing field” for a lot of people. it does not care if you are bedridden, cannot sleep through the night, are isolated with no visitors, or other.

there are lots of internet fails, but, this is a general positive.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

PeterG wrote:
ohio jones wrote:Relying on FB to decide what you should see is not usually the best strategy.
^This.
i have learned lots of helpful things on this forum. when i first arrived, i was reading huffington post a lot, because that’s what showed up when i went to search email.
OJ let me know, that was not a good choice. :D
that was helpful! i ignore huffpo (for years now) ‘found a way to search email without seeing it.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote:
Soloist wrote:I'm more and more convinced that social media is bad for us, not only will it possibly contribute to the anti-christ ability to act as all knowing, but its a serious influence that has led to the destruction of many.
:arrow: The printing press had many side effects too.
It took 50-100 years for society to reshuffle around the need for literacy and the ability for the common person to gain the knowledge once owned by the elites.

Social media definitely has some down sides. The up side is the ability for everyone to have knowledge and access to others of similar viewpoints. This, too, has side effects, some bad.

Many are starting to catch up with the technology and learn how to better use it as a tool instead of letting it be out of control. More will learn. Some will never learn. Like drug addicts, some will not be able to find the balance and self control. Most will.

I see more and more shift towards people realizing that social media is a fun tool, but it does not replace real encounters with real people. More are using it as a tool to build those real relationships. It will take time and we will make a lot of mistakes as we go forward, but I do see society moving forward, ever so slowly and imperfectly.

I am the eternal optimist though.
i like your simile. good one. :D
i’ve compared the internet to how life must have been - after the advent of wheels, before brakes!
i have an image of lots of cabbage carts careening off cliffsides! :shock:

OJ compared it to life after construction of Roman roads.

i like all these comparisons. in my mind, they’re visual, and, fair.

some are harmed in the process, that’s not funny.
the suicide rate has been high in recent years. i have to believe the stress of hopelessness is the big contributor. so much “information/misinformation,” without Truth. i can certainly understand how it happens.

by contrast, history reflects, with Hope, and Faith, people can endure so much. by comparison, often much more than “internet trauma.” it’s a big lesson for today’s crazy world. the big lesson.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Too funny for 1 thread: :mrgreen:

Page 43 / I think it is funny / Mennolight
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=420
Robert wrote:Now THIS is funny!! Facebook is fact checking Babylon Bee! :laugh

I guess they do not realize that BB is total satire. :wave:

https://www.snopes.com/cnn-washing-machine/
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

FaceBook is in all kinds of news these days.
Privacy, hacking, blocking content, esp blocking conservative sites ..

Today, reading this surprised me.
Diamond and Silk are saying they have been (FB scrutinized) for several months.
From what they are saying, FB scrutinizers don’t appreciate them ..

Diamond and Silk / About us
https://www.diamondandsilkinc.com/about-us/

Diamond and Silk facebook (over 1,300,000 followers)
https://www.facebook.com/DiamondandSilk/
Diamond And Silk have been corresponding since September 7, 2017, with Facebook (owned by Mark Zuckerberg), about their bias censorship and discrimination against D&S brand page.

Finally after several emails, chats, phone calls, appeals, beating around the bush, lies, and giving us the run around, Facebook gave us another bogus reason why Millions of people who have liked and/or followed our page no longer receives notification and why our page, post and video reach was reduced by a very large percentage.

Here is the reply from Facebook.
Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:40 PM: "The Policy team has came to the conclusion that your content and your brand has been determined unsafe to the community."

Yep, this was FB conclusion after 6 Months, 29 days, 5 hrs, 40 minutes and 43 seconds.
Oh and guess what else Facebook said: "This decision is final and it is not appeal-able in any way." (Note: This is the exact wording that FB emailed to us.)

So our questions to Facebook (Mark Zuckerberg) are:
1. What is unsafe about two Blk-women supporting the President Donald J. Trump?
2. Our FB page has been created since December 2014, when exactly did the content and the brand become unsafe to the community?
3. When you say "community" are you referring to the Millions who liked and followed our page?
4. What content on our page was in violation?
5. If our content and brand was so unsafe to the community, why is the option for us to boost our content and spend money with FB to enhance our brand page still available? Maybe FB should give us a refund since FB censored our reach.
6. Lastly, didn't FB violate their own policy when FB stopped sending notifications to the Millions of people who liked and followed our brand page?

This is deliberate bias censorship and discrimination. These tactics are unacceptable and we want answers!

~Diamond and Silk
1. i have not “followed” D&S.
2. i occasionally see their opinions here+there on the internet.
3. before today, i did not visit their FB page, or website. i don’t twitter.

i was pretty sure there would be quite a lot of censoring going on in this Primary Election year.
not just by FB.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

temporal1 wrote:FaceBook is in all kinds of news these days.
If you get your news from Facebook, you are being manipulated five ways from Sunday. It's been one of the major players on fake news. Don't rely on Facebook for news. Just don't do it. Cambridge Analytica, personality tests that set you up as a target based on your known fears and grievances, Russian hackers ... and this all spills out into targeting you in other places once they know who you are, who your friends are, and what gets your juices going. So even when you aren't on Facebook, it affects the emails and online ads that you and your friends get.

I would also encourage people to avoid sharing news content found via Facebook. Don't enable them. Don't take personality tests associated with Facebook. Adjust your privacy settings. Don't enable apps.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Bootstrap wrote:
temporal1 wrote:FaceBook is in all kinds of news these days.
If you get your news from Facebook, you are being manipulated five ways from Sunday. It's been one of the major players on fake news. Don't rely on Facebook for news. Just don't do it. Cambridge Analytica, personality tests that set you up as a target based on your known fears and grievances, Russian hackers ... and this all spills out into targeting you in other places once they know who you are, who your friends are, and what gets your juices going. So even when you aren't on Facebook, it affects the emails and online ads that you and your friends get.

I would also encourage people to avoid sharing news content found via Facebook. Don't enable them. Don't take personality tests associated with Facebook. Adjust your privacy settings. Don't enable apps.
I have never understood the whole idea of Facebook manipulating users' thinking via how it distributes news. I don't even think of FB as a place to read news. All I see typically is things that friends and pages I like post, and a few sponsored posts (I use an ad blocker). Where is all the news on Facebook anyway? Genuine or fake? I don't see it. I go to news sites for news, not Facebook.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Same here. I’m certainly curious how people think FB can change an election.

If someone believes that, it means they think the voters are very dumb and easily manipulated.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Last I checked, FB was a private entity, not a public utility, with the right to restrict content on their site however they choose. Every user agrees to the terms of service when establishing an account, and their actions are (presumably) consistent with the TOS. So I don't get the outrage. If you don't agree with the terms or their actions, don't use FB. And if you do use it, don't expect or demand free speech just because it's a "free" site.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

ohio jones wrote:Last I checked, FB was a private entity, not a public utility, with the right to restrict content on their site however they choose. Every user agrees to the terms of service when establishing an account, and their actions are (presumably) consistent with the TOS. So I don't get the outrage. If you don't agree with the terms or their actions, don't use FB. And if you do use it, don't expect or demand free speech just because it's a "free" site.
Something which is widely used is subject to the people and the state, the people’s representative, subjecting it to regulation.
0 x