Cornerstone Melodies

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Cornerstone Melodies

Post by lesterb »

When the earth was young and I was too, my wife and I had an accepella singing group called the Cornerstone Melodies. I'm working at digitizing the recordings we made in the 1980's. There are three different recordings, and I have them on cassette. The first one we also pressed an album, but I don't have anything to play it with, so I worked with tapes. Like usual, old tapes lack in quality, so I'm linking to the best one I have, which was our second recording. I'll try to get the other two online as well, but it's too late to finish it tonight. I need to do some work on them.

Cornerstone Melodies - Some Golden Daybreak
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Cornerstone Melodies

Post by temporal1 »

lovely. clear! :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

lesterb wrote:When the earth was young and I was too, my wife and I had an accepella singing group called the Cornerstone Melodies. I'm working at digitizing the recordings we made in the 1980's. There are three different recordings, and I have them on cassette. The first one we also pressed an album, but I don't have anything to play it with, so I worked with tapes. Like usual, old tapes lack in quality, so I'm linking to the best one I have, which was our second recording. I'll try to get the other two online as well, but it's too late to finish it tonight. I need to do some work on them.

Cornerstone Melodies....now that's a blast from the past.
You did a fantastic job on that, and those voices sound....young :!:

In my circles, incidentally, the expression was, "when the world was young and we still played hockey around the tree stumps..."
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

The first album was entitled Because He Forgives.

BECAUSE HE FORGIVES
0 x
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

The third one we were asked to do as a memorial for a girl who was killed in car accident.

HEAVEN

We lost a singer part of the way through getting ready for this recording. So my wife dubbed in the extra part, singing both the alto and tenor. I had a multi-track studio in our basement and did the recording for this one there. I sang bass for the first two albums, but had a friend do the bass for this third one so that I could do the recording.

I wish I had better quality masters left from the first and third recordings. I don't have the equipment anymore to play the original masters and I must have misplaced some of the production masters.
0 x
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

Picture on the back of the first album. I was principal at this school and taught the upper grades. Elaine and Florence were my co-teachers.
0 x
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

lesterb wrote:When the earth was young and I was too, my wife and I had an accepella singing group called the Cornerstone Melodies. I'm working at digitizing the recordings we made in the 1980's. There are three different recordings, and I have them on cassette. The first one we also pressed an album, but I don't have anything to play it with, so I worked with tapes. Like usual, old tapes lack in quality, so I'm linking to the best one I have, which was our second recording. I'll try to get the other two online as well, but it's too late to finish it tonight. I need to do some work on them.

Can you upload these to YouTube? I'd really like to add them to my Acapella playlist
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

lesterb wrote:The first album was entitled Because He Forgives.

BECAUSE HE FORGIVES
"I Have Returned" Now there's a song I haven't heard this century :!:
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

KingdomBuilder wrote:

Can you upload these to YouTube? I'd really like to add them to my Acapella playlist
I'll have to see if I can figure out how. I did set up a YouTube membership once, to share a few video's I took. So would I just load them, then send you the links?
0 x
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

Thank you for sharing these recordings! I've enjoyed what I listened to do far.
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ