Anabaptist Bible Colleges

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Once Again
Affiliation: church of Christ

Anabaptist Bible Colleges

Post by Once Again »

Do any of the conservative anabaptist Bible colleges have online or correspondence courses?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Anabaptist Bible Colleges

Post by Josh »

Once Again wrote:Do any of the conservative anabaptist Bible colleges have online or correspondence courses?
Not that I know of. Much of what the Anabaptist Bible schools are offering is the social atmosphere where one meets other like-minded people.

When I hear someone talk about their experience at Bible school, usually they are mentioning people they knew from there and notable instructors whom many of you would recognise as authors today of books you may have read. The focus is far, far less on getting some kind of credential, as one would be pursuing with an online degree from an accredited university.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Some students do focus of course on the M.R.S. degree, which can be difficult to achieve when limited to online or correspondence communications.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh

Post by Josh »

ohio jones wrote:Some students do focus of course on the M.R.S. degree, which can be difficult to achieve when limited to online or correspondence communications.
I've heard there are online M.Rs. courses now, but the quality can hit or miss.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Once Again wrote:Do any of the conservative anabaptist Bible colleges have online or correspondence courses?
i feel sure you know about Faith Builders? :?
http://www.fbep.org/welcome-to-faith-builders
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Once Again
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by Once Again »

I think I did hear of it sometime ago, but I'd forgotten about it. What I'm really looking for is a rigorous Bible course from an Anabaptist point of view for my homeschoolers. I'm not interested in college credit.

Laura
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

FBEC isn't accredited although some specific colleges do transfer their credits. As far as I know, they don't do an online course.

Once Again, perhaps a rigorous online or by-mail correspondence course for Bible instruction is something worth taking initiative to start?
0 x