briar patch

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: briar patch

Post by temporal1 »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:27 pm
temporal1 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:55 pm
JayP wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:39 pm This thread has really gone nuts. Ritualistic killings of priests,huh? Lol
When any thread on any topic gets dominated by those wearing tin foil hats it is time to run.
Where did I put the key to my bunker?
i’m not sure anyone is looking forward to 2024. turmoil is expected.
i didn’t expect Jan 1 to be a wild day on MN. :wave:
Just wait this week when the Jeffrey Epstein files come out.
so much to live for
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

temporal1 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:45 am
Falco Knotwise wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:27 pm
temporal1 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:55 pm i’m not sure anyone is looking forward to 2024. turmoil is expected.
i didn’t expect Jan 1 to be a wild day on MN. :wave:
Just wait this week when the Jeffrey Epstein files come out.
so much to live for
Why is everyone seemingly obsessed with this? How do they expect these lost sinners to behave?
0 x
:hug:
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:01 am
Falco Knotwise wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:27 pm Just wait this week when the Jeffrey Epstein files come out.
so much to live for
Why is everyone seemingly obsessed with this? How do they expect these lost sinners to behave?
I might expect lost sinners to behave predictably inconsistent by using the names on the list strategically. To amplify and exploit the matter to further degrade their political opponents character and their message by shouting from the rooftop the connection with Epstein.

While downplaying and minimizing, or being silent about any of their allies who may appear on the list.

Or are you talking about a different group of lost sinners?
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:01 am
Falco Knotwise wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:27 pm Just wait this week when the Jeffrey Epstein files come out.
so much to live for
i think, “everyone seemingly obsessed” are the operative words. msm+hollywood, politicians. ugh.
i auto-ignore. i see flashes of headlines, i ignore most, i don’t find it difficult.

in olden days, before tabloids were digital and ubiquitous, i had zero problem ignoring them in grocery stores, etc.
the internet has transformed “everything” into tabloid-style sensationalism. it’s awful. i ignore 99% and STILL see too much.

having said that, i’m thankful some are willing to go after these predatory criminals - - - esp the ones at the top.
it’s not easy to go after the big players, not at all. for the sake of the victims. scriptures tell us earthly governments are necessary.

hollywood idols.
it wasn’t long ago, entertainers were recognized to be the “dregs of society.” in history, it was universal.
the court jesters, clowns, circus, etc. even in the 20th Century, decent families would NOT encourage their precious children to get into theater, etc. socially forbidden.

somehow, that changed.
in the U.S., entertainers (equated with sin+debauchery) were allowed to become ultra-wealthy, then came financial power, then, undeserved respect - to the point of idol-worship, with no apologies.

when i was young, the word, “idol” still invoked fear of eternal damnation.
“idol” is now a mainstream word that hollywood uses with abandon to market one production after another. $$$$

i won’t follow this tawdry evil Epstein mess.
i’m thankful some others have the wherewithal to attempt to go after the top.
i don’t expect a cure. Jesus is the cure. i’m not against applying brakes.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

P.8-9 Nex Benedict Re: briar patch

Post by temporal1 »

o.look.
frick+frack have outdone themselves:
Szdfan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:08 pm
Ken wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:06 pm
Szdfan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:02 pm Oh right...sorry... a momentary brain fart...it implies that it is better for a non-binary child to be dead instead of alive and non-binary.
From the background reporting he/she identified as non-Binary which is essentially saying they feel they have both male and female identities. But it doesn't mean they were trying to transition from one gender to the other. In the past such a child might just have been referred to as a "tomboy" There really isn't anything new under the sun when it comes to gender. The only thing new is that we have new names for things that have been around for as long as humans have existed.
Right. Anyway...Temp's statement is concerning by what it implies.
this is all so disgusting .. does not deserve response. shame on both of you.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Flags P.7 Re: Bunny Trails: Politics

Post by temporal1 »

Ken wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:54 pm .. It must be exhausting to live in constant disapproval of the people you see around you.
From reading your forum input, it must be deeply satisfying on some level.
In your life’s experiences, roaming the world, there seems no shortage of criticisms you have for people you’ve met, and disdain, including your bio family, the faith they tried to convey to you, etc.

Apparently you’ve found a niche you enjoy on the left coast, but prefer dedicating time to others mostly not convnced.

A life long misfit?
0 x

UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Flags P.7 Re: Bunny Trails: Politics

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:11 pm
Ken wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:54 pm .. It must be exhausting to live in constant disapproval of the people you see around you.
In your life’s experiences, roaming the world, there seems no shortage of criticisms you have for people you’ve met, and disdain, including your bio family, the faith they tried to convey to you, etc.

Apparently you’ve found a niche you enjoy on the left coast, but prefer dedicating time to others mostly not convnced.

A life long misfit?
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:56 pm
temporal1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:11 pm

A life long misfit?
i appreciate your wording. i accept the admonishment.
i hope my words are a long way away from suggesting someone’s heartfelt prayers for a child’s eternity are a death wish for that child.
that doesn’t mean my words are good ones. they’re not. hopefully, not in the same league of wrong.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:07 pm
temporal1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:11 pm From reading your forum input, it must be deeply satisfying on some level.

A life long misfit?
i hope my words are a long way away from suggesting someone’s heartfelt prayers for a child’s eternity are a death wish for that child.
that doesn’t mean my words are good ones. they’re not. hopefully, not in the same league of wrong.
Technically that’s your wording.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:43 pm
temporal1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:07 pm
Technically that’s your wording.
i must appreciate it, right? :lol: oj being oj.
0 x

UNKNOWN