briar patch

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: briar patch

Post by Bootstrap »

temporal1 wrote:without revisiting, i believe EVERY post you submitted there was focused on unapologetically derailing the thread. this new thread’s subject line and OP support that.
Derailing? I don't think so. I think every post was on the same topic - the Nicene Creed. You see it as centrally important, I don't. On a Mennonite forum, sometimes people will have Mennonite views on a topic. I think there's a difference between derailing and disagreeing. Mennonites are not creedal. I am trying to explain why.

I think there needs to be room for more than one opinion in a thread. And Mennonite views should certainly be at least tolerated.

The thread I started is explicitly NOT about the Nicene Creed.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Bootstrap wrote:
temporal1 wrote:without revisiting, i believe EVERY post you submitted there was focused on unapologetically derailing the thread. this new thread’s subject line and OP support that.
Derailing? I don't think so. I think every post was on the same topic - the Nicene Creed. You see it as centrally important, I don't. On a Mennonite forum, sometimes people will have Mennonite views on a topic. I think there's a difference between derailing and disagreeing. Mennonites are not creedal. I am trying to explain why.

I think there needs to be room for more than one opinion in a thread. And Mennonite views should certainly be at least tolerated.

The thread I started is explicitly NOT about the Nicene Creed.
you are so far off, i don’t have time to explain.
you seem to have not read or understood my OP, and, you certainly do not understand my thinking!
so, please cease airing your presumptions.

your reading comprehension has been questioned by others, i’m not sure if you can’t or won’t read for content. when it comes to my topics/posts, you are so dismissive, it seems you do not bother to read.

you may do that! i may occasionally protest.

i do not accept you as an Anabaptist leader. or forum police officer. :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

temporal1 wrote:i do not accept you as an Anabaptist leader. or forum police officer. :)
I don't think either of us claim to be that.

I'm just another guy with a different opinion than you on the same topic you posted. I'm not creedal. A lot of Anabaptists and Mennonites are not creedal. To me, it felt like you started the thread as an apologetic for the Nicene Creed. Some of us - and not just me - posted the reasons we don't particularly embrace it.
temporal1 wrote:your reading comprehension has been questioned by others, i’m not sure if you can’t or won’t read for content. when it comes to my topics/posts, you are so dismissive, it seems you do not bother to read.
You know, I really don't say this kind of thing about you. I don't insult you or question your intelligence or reading ability. If you don't understand something I say, I try to clarify. We have different opinions about a lot of things - I don't think that makes me stupid or bad.

If I'm having difficulty reading what you intended, please feel free to clarify.
Last edited by Bootstrap on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Bootstrap wrote:
temporal1 wrote:i do not accept you as an Anabaptist leader. or forum police officer. :)
I don't think either of us claim to be that.

I'm just another guy with a different opinion than you on the same topic you posted. I'm not creedal. A lot of Anabaptists and Mennonites are not creedal. To me, it felt like you started the thread as an apologetic for the Nicene Creed. Some of us - and not just me - posted the reasons we don't particularly embrace it.
For the record, I don't believe Anabaptists are or claim to be infallible on every topic, and I did appreciate at least a couple Menonites casting their support of it, and why. It tells me they're looking deeper into this than just being quick to write it off.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote:without revisiting, i believe EVERY post you submitted there was focused on unapologetically derailing the thread.
With revisiting, I'd say that by the time Boot had much input on that thread it was already well beyond this point:
Tracks.jpg
Tracks.jpg (96.68 KiB) Viewed 382 times
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

ohio jones wrote:
temporal1 wrote:without revisiting, i believe EVERY post you submitted there was focused on unapologetically derailing the thread.
With revisiting, I'd say that by the time Boot had much input on that thread it was already well beyond this point:

Tracks.jpg
Yikes, that's one scary photo.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I think it’s beautiful how they all come together.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote:I think it’s beautiful how they all come together.
And they come together without third party interference too. :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote:
What about the switch operator? Without that third party, there could be a crash.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Josh wrote:
MaxPC wrote:
What about the switch operator? Without that third party, there could be a crash.
True and in the case of a forum that job belongs only to the owner moderator.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God