briar patch

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: Are Plain Catholics Anabaptists?

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Sudsy wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:
Sudsy wrote:Max has already stated further questions he will handle through pms. Badgering him hasn't worked in the past and so far, questions by Boot will not be addressed. The title question 'Are Plain Catholics Anabaptists ?' has an obviously answer - 'no'.
I think we need to be able to discuss whether something is true or not. No matter who said it. And if things are said in a public discussion, that usually means public discussion is the right way to discuss it.

Max has answered more questions in this thread than he has in the past, and I think that is a very healthy thing. Please don't try to shut the thread down, let's see if we can get him to continue.
I understand your belief on how a public forum should be used but not everyone shares that view and for their own reason(s) can bail out from any conversation at any time. Boot, when was the last time Max answered a question you asked of him ? My guess is that it goes way back in time. Max does respond to others but to a point and he has his reason(s) for why he ends public conversations when he does and sometimes offers to continue through pms.

Although it is frustrating to some when someone chooses to not continue in a public way, how anyone chooses to participate is up to them. Max surprised me before in this thread but then I saw where the questions he responded to were not yours. Nothing really has changed. You guys are not yet in dialogue mode. More questions are not working.
Why would anyone refuse to answer questions about what is said here in a public forum publically unless they have something to hide?

Luke 12:3 "Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops."

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Why would anyone refuse to answer questions about what is said here in a public forum publically unless they have something to hide?

Luke 12:3 "Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops."

J.M.
For one, if I ask a question of someone and they sense it is not edifying to continue with that conversation, then they might just ignore my question. I have asked questions here also and when they were ignored I took it that person didn't care to go down that path any further or they have been down that path before and suspect where it will end up. Not everyone who bails out on a question is trying to hide something.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

justme wrote:tell me which posts you want moved, and i'll do it.
Any posts referencing veneration of Mary, Mary being God's mom, Eastern Orthodoxy or infant baptism (except any of the above by any plain catholics).
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Valerie, if you want to discuss this, please start your own thread. What do your posts have to do with the OP? Did you not read that the person who started this thread asked that all posts related to your topic be removed. Are you so sure of your self that you have no respect for plain requests made?
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Justme, when you are done removing the unrelated posts please remove these last two of mine as well.
0 x
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

Valerie wrote:
Wayne in Maine wrote:
justme wrote:tell me which posts you want moved, and i'll do it.
Any posts referencing veneration of Mary, Mary being God's mom, Eastern Orthodoxy or infant baptism (except any of the above by any plain catholics).
That would be removing clear Scripture-
No it would not, it would be removing off-topic post from someone who is rapidly becoming a nuisance.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Wayne in Maine wrote:
Valerie wrote:
Wayne in Maine wrote: Any posts referencing veneration of Mary, Mary being God's mom, Eastern Orthodoxy or infant baptism (except any of the above by any plain catholics).
That would be removing clear Scripture-
No it would not, it would be removing off-topic post from someone who is rapidly becoming a nuisance.
Everything I posted about Mary was Scripture, and y'all just cannot handle it. The fact of the matter is, JM brought up Mary, and so- since it is one of the differences between the Catholics and Anabaptists, and a shot was taken at the teaching about Mary, I felt what we have learned and the SCRIPTURES relating to it, might be helpful like they were to us, it becomes increasingly obvious that there are Scripture that Anabaptists wish to take out of the Bible it seems-I do think the way most people treat plaincatholic is very unkind, it's kind of like the persecution has been reversed.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

OP, Page 1:
Wayne in Maine wrote:
MaxPC wrote:Both the Schleitheim and Dordrecht confessions share common theological ground with our theology. Both are excellent.
Given the fact that Anabaptism was a reaction against Rome, and that the Schleitheim confession explicitly condemns certain Roman practices,
I would like to know, from people familiar with the Plain Catholic movement, what common theological ground they have with the Dortrecht and Schleitheim confessions.
fwiw, to me, on this forum, Max is the only one familiar with real life Plain Catholics. (i may misunderstand.)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

temporal1 wrote:fwiw, to me, on this forum, Max is the only one familiar with real life Plain Catholics. (i may misunderstand.)
I think part of the point raised by some is that it's actually impossible to be familiar with them...
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

KingdomBuilder wrote:
temporal1 wrote:fwiw, to me, on this forum, Max is the only one familiar with real life Plain Catholics. (i may misunderstand.)
I think part of the point raised by some is that it's actually impossible to be familiar with them...
that point has been articulated any number of times, however, it's not a response to the OP question (or, subject line question, either.)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN