briar patch

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by MaxPC »

Josh wrote: Any type of photos of any of the activities you've talked about here would be welcome. If you like, crop out pictures of people and other easily identifiable things first.

Some of what you say seems a bit fanciful, like saying you hunt for wild turkeys each Thanksgiving. But instead of doubting you, I'd like to give you a chance to share more details and some pictures.
You've been insulting several people on this forum of late, Josh. This too is an insult. Your doubt is your own problem as is your need to insult and make uncharitable remarks. Your history of sniping at Plain Catholics and others does not give your request any credibility.

Those on this forum who also hunt also hunt wild turkeys. If you don't hunt then you don't need to harass those who do.

Find a good spiritual mentor who can explain to you when you're on a sniping jag and find better ways to speak in a kind manner. Until you learn to speak to others with more kindness and grace I will block your posts. Moderators notified.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Credible faith

Post by temporal1 »

From Page 1:
Josh wrote:.. I pretty much feel like t1 will rejoice on the day I no longer reply here for whatever reason.
this makes me sad.
"i feel" .. you must not read much of what i post, because i have been very welcoming and interested in your journey as a new CM. i'm interested in many of your posts.

if you're interested in my opinion of your membership, you may ask!
i am not one to suggest others are not worthy of membership. not my job, and i would not want it.
i don't even THINK about whether others should be or shouldn't be members.

but, for you, in particular, i am glad you share on MD-MN.
just because i don't agree with (or appreciate) some of your posts does not mean i don't care for you.

as i've said at other times, i admire you in many ways. i'm interested in your journey.
whether i'm a factor in it or not. i may have no relevance in your life.
i'm ok with that.
that does not change how i feel about you.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote:
Josh wrote: Any type of photos of any of the activities you've talked about here would be welcome. If you like, crop out pictures of people and other easily identifiable things first.

Some of what you say seems a bit fanciful, like saying you hunt for wild turkeys each Thanksgiving. But instead of doubting you, I'd like to give you a chance to share more details and some pictures.
You've been insulting several people on this forum of late, Josh. This too is an insult. Your doubt is your own problem as is your need to insult and make uncharitable remarks. Your history of sniping at Plain Catholics and others does not give your request any credibility.

Those on this forum who also hunt also hunt wild turkeys. If you don't hunt then you don't need to harass those who do.

Find a good spiritual mentor who can explain to you when you're on a sniping jag and find better ways to speak in a kind manner. Until you learn to speak to others with more kindness and grace I will block your posts. Moderators notified.
So instead of taking shots at me, why not just post some pictures? Most other people on MN have posted pictures. Yet you have never posted a single one.

For the record, I have zero problems with "Plain Catholics", such as I have any information about any.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: arguments.

Post by Robert »

I see a LOT of "you" statements and few "I" statements. A "you" statement is putting yourself first before the person that the "you" is about. Please consider how Jesus would call us to react and respond to one another.

[bible]matt 23,11-13[/bible]
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Robert wrote:I see a LOT of "you" statements and few "I" statements. A "you" statement is putting yourself first before the person that the "you" is about. Please consider how Jesus would call us to react and respond to one another.

matt 23,11-13
Interesting in that Jesus used so many "you" statements in verse 13 that you quoted when He reprimanded those who were rude, who insulted others and who set themselves above others:
13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in."

There is no reason, no excuse to allow continued and repeated sniping, insults and unkind behaviors. None. Allowing this to continue enables the offender and victimizes those were targeted by the offender. Christ did not allow it in verse 13 nor did He enable the Scribes and Pharisees just because of their status. Jesus used very direct statements identifying the wrong behaviors and admonished them directly. In a Christian forum such rudeness, sniping and unkind behaviors should be addressed as Christ addressed them and the offender should not be enabled either.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Josh

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote:
Robert wrote:I see a LOT of "you" statements and few "I" statements. A "you" statement is putting yourself first before the person that the "you" is about. Please consider how Jesus would call us to react and respond to one another.

matt 23,11-13
Interesting in that Jesus used so many "you" statements in verse 13 that you quoted when He reprimanded those who were rude, who insulted others and who set themselves above others:
13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in."

There is no reason, no excuse to allow continued and repeated sniping, insults and unkind behaviors. None. Allowing this to continue enables the offender and victimizes those were targeted by the offender. Christ did not allow it in verse 13 nor did He enable the Scribes and Pharisees just because of their status. He used very direct statements identifying the wrong behaviors and admonished them directly. In a Christian forum such rudeness, sniping and unkind behaviors should be addressed as Christ addressed them and the offender should not be enabled either.
So, MaxPC, are you calling for me to be banned? Or would you just delight if I just went away and didn't bother you anymore, and never challenged anything you do or say?
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Josh wrote:
MaxPC wrote:

matt 23,11-13

There is no reason, no excuse to allow continued and repeated sniping, insults and unkind behaviors. None. Allowing this to continue enables the offender and victimizes those were targeted by the offender. Christ did not allow it in verse 13 nor did He enable the Scribes and Pharisees just because of their status. He used very direct statements identifying the wrong behaviors and admonished them directly. In a Christian forum such rudeness, sniping and unkind behaviors should be addressed as Christ addressed them and the offender should not be enabled either.
So, MaxPC, are you calling for me to be banned? Or would you just delight if I just went away and didn't bother you anymore, and never challenged anything you do or say?
Josh, to be clear so that you do not twist my words: I'm calling for you to cease your unkind insults, sniping at others and to behave more like a kind, charitable Christian. If you can't do this on your own then you need to seek help for learning in how to be kind to others.

I still have you blocked as you've made it clear that you have no charitable feelings toward others. You say you love to"challenge" others but yet you don't like to be challenged yourself. See verse 13 again.

In the example of Christ, my admonishment of you stands and I encourage you to seek help in stopping your emotional attacks on the members of this forum.
Last edited by MaxPC on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Request: Before posting in this thread, could everyone ask themselves if they are feeling like they would like to punch someone else in the face, and not hit submit if the answer is "yes"?

Wisdom moves slowly, and not in anger. Wisdom is quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.
Last edited by Bootstrap on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Bootstrap wrote:Request: Before posting in this thread, could everyone ask themselves if they are feeling like they would like to punch someone else in the face, and not hit submit if the answer is "yes"?
Are you trying to encourage an altercation BS? Your statement not only interferes with others discussions but it incites violence.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Josh

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:Request: Before posting in this thread, could everyone ask themselves if they are feeling like they would like to punch someone else in the face, and not hit submit if the answer is "yes"?
Are you trying to encourage an altercation BS? Your statement not only interferes with others discussions but it incites violence.
I do not see how anything Bootstrap said is "inciting violence". Here is what he said:
Request: Before posting in this thread, could everyone ask themselves if they are feeling like they would like to punch someone else in the face, and not hit submit if the answer is "yes"?

Wisdom moves slowly, and not in anger. Wisdom is quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.
Bootstrap said if someone feels like punching someone in the face, NOT to post to this forum, and to think about being quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.

That seems like the opposite of inciting violence to me.
0 x