Meanwhile, in Ireland

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Meanwhile, in Ireland

Post by Josh »

ohio jones wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:42 pm
Josh wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:35 pm Is that a controversial statement?
It depends what you identify as "our" country.
And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country.
All of us live in a country (and most of us one we belong to in the sense of having certain rights and duties thereto). I think it’s fine to make a statement like “We don’t need violent people entering <the country we live in> and going on stabbing sprees.” In fact, I would say such a stance is one advocating nonviolence. What is beyond parody is the class of people who actually call for finding ways to flood various countries with even more illegal aliens, even as the types of crimes they commit become more and more heinous, such as the recent violent sexual assault on a 15 year old in Germany by a gang of men, all migrants.
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

I'm curious -- what are the assault rates among migrants in European countries versus rates among the indigenous/native-born population?
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Szdfan wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:08 am I'm curious -- what are the assault rates among migrants in European countries versus rates among the indigenous/native-born population?
This has potential to be an interesting bunny trail, there have been reports of assaults-murders in European countries for years, often shocking due to cultural differences in attitudes of what is acceptable versus what is not.

If it goes in that direction, please start a new topic. 🐰
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Josh wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:46 am <the country we live in>
That's better, thanks.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:37 am
Szdfan wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:08 am I'm curious -- what are the assault rates among migrants in European countries versus rates among the indigenous/native-born population?
This has potential to be an interesting bunny trail, there have been reports of assaults-murders in European countries for years, often shocking due to cultural differences in attitudes of what is acceptable versus what is not.

I do think that it's a relevant question in response to overly broad comments on this thread about migrants. There have certainly been several shocking high profile cases in Europe, but that's not a complete picture. Some of the posts here seem to suggest that migrants are inherently dangerous to the native-born population. Is that really true?
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

I don't think murdering children is culturally acceptable anywhere. Yet it still also happens everywhere. Here in the US we have over 2,000 child murders per year. Very few of which are by illegal immigrants. Most, in fact, are due to domestic abuse within the family with stuff like gang violence and school shootings following. For example, here in Vancouver WA we just had a murder/suicide not far from where I teach where the father killed his wife and all his children (including a girl who attended my school last year) then shot himself. That is the far more common type of scenario: https://www.columbian.com/news/2023/dec ... se-family/

What happens is that these sorts of incidents which are all too common across society, tend to get amplified when illegal immigrants are involved. Which is what happened in Ireland.

But statistically speaking, illegal immigrants and immigrants in general commit all crimes at a lower rate than citizens, both here in the US and in Europe. And that goes for all types of crime from shoplifting to murder. Texas is apparently the only state that keeps records of crime by immigration status and in Texas the crime rate for illegal immigrants is 45% below that of native-born Americans. That is what the conservative Cato Institute found: https://www.cato.org/blog/new-research- ... on-crime-0
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Please refrain from doubmling-down, after being asked politely to focus on Ireland.
If there’s a beef, take it to bunny trails, political b.t., briar patch, immigration threads, or other.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

o.my.

Russell Brand / Ireland Just SHOCKED The World With BOMBSHELL “Anti-Woke” Vote – And The Establishment Are FURIOUS / 24min
✏️ Description:
Were record referendum defeats around changing the definition of family in Ireland a defiant defence of tradition,
or do they indicate a lack of trust the Government and expose just how reckless the elites’ culture war has become?

i believe this is the SPIKE report RB references in his video:

“Irish voters have delivered a stunning blow to the establishment”
“The rejection of the family and care amendments reminds us why direct democracy matters.”
https://www.spiked-online.com/2024/03/1 ... blishment/

i’m sad i can’t ask Falco’s thoughts on this.

Related:

“Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar says he's quitting for personal and political reasons”
https://www.ksat.com/news/world/2024/03 ... e-country/
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

^^i’m hoping MATT TAIBBI will speak on this.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

^^2024 / Just happened to wonder if this report is related to Ireland’s recent election?

Ireland / Antifa ties ..
viewtopic.php?t=6741
Outsider wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:35 am Turns out, "Antifa" is the red guard for modern "progressive" politicians...

https://www.theburkean.ie/uncategorized ... d-far-left
0 x

UNKNOWN