Blogs

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Blogs

Post by temporal1 »

appleman2006 wrote:Just putting in a shameless plug for a new blog that a very special lady has started up, primarily related to food, that I think some of you may enjoy. :)

https://orchardmarketnewsandchews.com
:D
so happy you thought to share this. thank you kindly.

since MN, you have mentioned a couple of times while posting, that you had more to say, but would stop .. i have been wanting to suggest you begin a thread to continue these thoughts - like justme has "jm's random thoughts," max has "Campground Ramblings," i have "omnium-gatherum" ..

i will enjoy Rose's blog, and, would enjoy reading a thread for+by you, too. :wave:
fill in those blanks!
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

appleman2006 wrote:Just putting in a shameless plug for a new blog that a very special lady has started up, primarily related to food, that I think some of you may enjoy. :)

This is delightful~ I never knew what curds & whey was- what a great blog and she writes so well! thank you for sharing this!
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote:

since MN, you have mentioned a couple of times while posting, that you had more to say, but would stop .. i have been wanting to suggest you begin a thread to continue these thoughts - like justme has "jm's random thoughts," max has "Campground Ramblings," i have "omnium-gatherum" ..

i will enjoy Rose's blog, and, would enjoy reading a thread for+by you, too. :wave:
fill in those blanks!
Have been reviewing Rose's blog recently, and wondering if you folks have any plans for COSMIC CRISP?
https://www.cosmiccrisp.com/the-facts/
0 x

UNKNOWN
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

temporal1 wrote:
temporal1 wrote:

fill in those blanks!
Have been reviewing Rose's blog recently, and wondering if you folks have any plans for COSMIC CRISP?
https://www.cosmiccrisp.com/the-facts/
I am not real familiar with the Cosmic Crisp. I am guessing it is especially bred for a Washington State climate and is their attempt at trying to benefit from the Honey Crisp phenomenon. Honey Crisp is the first really popular apple in a long time that cannot really be grown well in the Washington climate and it is driving them crazy out there that they are missing out on it. I am guessing this is their attempt at getting a part of that market.

Call it apple politics if you will. :)
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

appleman2006 wrote:I am not real familiar with the Cosmic Crisp. I am guessing it is especially bred for a Washington State climate and is their attempt at trying to benefit from the Honey Crisp phenomenon. Honey Crisp is the first really popular apple in a long time that cannot really be grown well in the Washington climate and it is driving them crazy out there that they are missing out on it. I am guessing this is their attempt at getting a part of that market.

Call it apple politics if you will. :)
ok. i'm not a great fan of Honey Crisp, but, i'm aware it's "the" apple of the day! i'm still a fan of Red Delicious, or Golden Delicious .. even after living in Vermont, where McIntosh are the thing. i don't often make open statements on it! lol politics, you know. :P

apple economics? i can see where the long shelf life would be desirable for the marketplace.

as a child, i was warned, and read, Delicious apples were NOT for cooking or baking .. but, in a pinch, i tried them, with great results. so. i don't hesitate. i don't try to win anyone over on it. never had complaints, tho. :D

i've never tried the Ritz cracker mock apple pies.
i've heard good things. i just have never felt the need to go that far. :lol:
0 x

UNKNOWN
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

Golden Delicious apples bake up very well. Red Delicious? Well lets just say that if they bake up it is only because they are so ripe that they are long past the time where most normal people would use them for fresh eating. At least that is my opinion. :)

If you are a Delicious fan than it sounds like the Gala or even better the Ambrosia would be more down your line when it comes to newer varieties.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

appleman2006 wrote:Golden Delicious apples bake up very well. Red Delicious? Well lets just say that if they bake up it is only because they are so ripe that they are long past the time where most normal people would use them for fresh eating. At least that is my opinion. :)

If you are a Delicious fan than it sounds like the Gala or even better the Ambrosia would be more down your line when it comes to newer varieties.
when i was young, our neighbor had a large Delicious tree in her back yard that grew well over the fence. she was elderly, so the tree was never sprayed. some years there were bumper crops and we all had loads of fabulous apples! she was generous and taught me so many things over time. we loved that tree, i'm sure that's where my tastebuds formed.

i will try a Gala, and Ambrosia, if i can find one. i see Galas often.
i'll have to check with our local orchard.
0 x

UNKNOWN
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

I'm moving my blog to this site. The old one will stay up for a while, but I won't be updating it anymore. I am migrating my web site here as well, but I'm not totally finished yet. So some things won't work yet.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

lesterb wrote:I'm moving my blog to this site. The old one will stay up for a while, but I won't be updating it anymore. I am migrating my web site here as well, but I'm not totally finished yet. So some things won't work yet.
that looks very nice. 8-)
0 x

UNKNOWN
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Been doing some experimenting here. I copied the content from my other site to this one. This is a WordPress free site that I'm using to see what I like.

CLICK HERE, FOLKS
0 x