Blogs

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Re: Blogs

Post by lesterb »

Kindle edition is available now...

Buy on Amazon by going here...

If you are a Canadian, you can buy here...

Now available as paperback or ebook through Amazon or Barnes and Noble, or through your favorite book store.

0 x
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Don't know, just wondering, is 2Peter 2:22 relevant in this case? Again, we don't know the potential possibilities.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

0 x
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

0 x
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

what memories. wonderful tribute.
so sorry you did not have time with him before he passed.
when our parents pass, we get an inside perspective on how their lives were impacted after their parents passed. the baton is passed ..
peace be with you.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

That is a special tribute, Lester.

I never knew your father real well although he is a part of my earliest memories. I always thought of him as one of the older men at church as a boy. I realize now that in those days he really was not that old but I imagine the way he held his neck made him seem older to me as a young boy.
But he always struck me as a kind, gentle, and quiet man. A man who knew beyond a shadow of a doubt where he stood on things but still managed to care about others in spite of that. Even though he chose a different path, church wise, than my parents did sometime in my very early teen years I never remember my parents ever having anything negative to say about him not that they ever had negative things to say about anyone at least not in front of us as children.

Your father will be missed.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

I remember visiting at your home when you and your sisters were quite young yet. After lunch your father said there was a special meeting at Heidelburg, and wondered it I wanted to go along. Your mother wasn't going and I think Anna stayed home as well. I sat up front with your father and you and Betty were in the back seat. Just outside of St. Jacobs, we saw a young man hitch-hiking. Your father stopped and asked him where he was going and told him where we were headed. He said some visitors from Pa. are part of the service at the Conservative Mennonite Church in Heidelburg. The young man had no plans - he was going to Kitchener to pass the time so he accepted the invitation. On the way to church he told us he was a Mennonite from Pa himself but was going through a difficult time. When we got to the church the young man actually knew some of the visitors and spent some time with them after the service. I often think of that in relation to entertaining Angels unawares. Your father had no idea who this long haired, rough looking youth was, but he did not hesitate to stop.
0 x
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

Hats Off wrote:I remember visiting at your home when you and your sisters were quite young yet. After lunch your father said there was a special meeting at Heidelburg, and wondered it I wanted to go along. Your mother wasn't going and I think Anna stayed home as well. I sat up front with your father and you and Betty were in the back seat. Just outside of St. Jacobs, we saw a young man hitch-hiking. Your father stopped and asked him where he was going and told him where we were headed. He said some visitors from Pa. are part of the service at the Conservative Mennonite Church in Heidelburg. The young man had no plans - he was going to Kitchener to pass the time so he accepted the invitation. On the way to church he told us he was a Mennonite from Pa himself but was going through a difficult time. When we got to the church the young man actually knew some of the visitors and spent some time with them after the service. I often think of that in relation to entertaining Angels unawares. Your father had no idea who this long haired, rough looking youth was, but he did not hesitate to stop.
I don't remember that one at all. But I do remember my father picking up hitch-hikers.

Thanks for sharing. I wish we could have spent more time together over the funeral. Are you coming to the gathering in July that Noreen is spearheading?
0 x