Evolution

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

Do you believe in evolution

Total votes: 0

Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Evolution

Post by Soloist »

Please pick your personal belief on the subject.
Please no arguments but feel free to state your reasonings.

As a side note, please choose if you are a flat earther or a round earther, no debates on this here please.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Evolution

Post by RZehr »

I marked #3. But I don't believe in cross specie evolution, I only believe in micro evolution.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

RZehr wrote:I marked #3. But I don't believe in cross specie evolution, I only believe in micro evolution.
I thought that was just adaptation?
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Wade wrote:
RZehr wrote:I marked #3. But I don't believe in cross specie evolution, I only believe in micro evolution.
New term, same meaning.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

lesterb wrote:
Wade wrote:
New term, same meaning.
Kind of like how the word dinosaur was invented in the early 1700's and then people say to me, " There were no dinosaurs in the bible...." :roll:
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Wade wrote:
lesterb wrote:
Wade wrote: I thought that was just adaptation?
New term, same meaning.
Kind of like how the word dinosaur was invented in the early 1700's and then people say to me, " There were no dinosaurs in the bible...." :roll:
Does this describe a dinosaur?

[bible]job 40,15-24[/bible]
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Are there actually people today who believe the earth is flat? I did not realize this a question to ask.
0 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Hats Off wrote:Are there actually people today who believe the earth is flat? I did not realize this a question to ask.
I have heard that they want to fund their own rocket launch, in order to prove the theory that everyone else is in on some sort of conspiracy plot.

Oh, I didn't mark any of the options provided. I see no reason not to accept an understanding of the Scripture that states a literal 6 day creation period, with a literal Adam & Eve as the first humans, created just as described. I don't believe in 'evolution' so much as in 'devolution', in the sense that changes that occur result in a loss of adaptability for the future. That is, a species that has adapted to a given extreme climate cannot now readapt to an opposite climate extreme. But what do I know - I am definitely no scientist.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Being that good scientific methods and investigation is an ongoing dynamic and is always open to changing theories based upon new data and new discoveries I have to say that I believe the only absolute truth is that God created the universe at large and humans. As to how long it took, the fact of the matter is science itself must honestly say: "We don't know." I know I don't know because I wasn't there - I'm not that old. :lol:

Especially in light of the new discovery that I remember reading an article about a few months ago in which the remains of a modern human form that was found pre-dates some of the primitive remains that were once thought to be our origins. In short, science had to acknowledge our modern human form existed thousands of years earlier than once was thought. Good science humbly acknowledges it's still on a learning curve. :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Hats Off wrote:Are there actually people today who believe the earth is flat? I did not realize this a question to ask.
The part I'm standing on right now seems pretty flat.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?