Job openings, work needed

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Job openings, work needed

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:44 pm At Enterprise car today, one of the two people working the entire location told me Enterprise / ENAC is hiring all positions at all locations.

Most people laid off last year haven’t bothered to come back - found better jobs, according to the person I talked to.
Funny how capitalism works. If only there was something Enterprise could do to make its jobs more attractive. I wonder what that could be.

In any event, I never understood how it was economically sustainable to run a business that rented $25,000 cars for less than $30/day. Turn out it apparently wasn't.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:22 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:13 am
temporal1 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:23 am Do you know of a job available? Do you need a job? ..
This thread is meant to be about “Job openings, work needed” - not about griping about jobs. :D
Okay, fine!
:lol: That’s the spirit!
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Helpful wage calculation chart.

$$$ / “Salary to Hourly Pay Calculator” ..
https://www.free-online-calculator-use. ... lator.html

and ..

Minimum Wage thread
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3960
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

“The ‘best job in America’ pays $145,000 and has 14,000 job openings — and offers a generous work-life balance”
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-b ... 1643775252

“50 Best Jobs in America for 2022”
https://www.glassdoor.com/List/Best-Job ... KQ0,20.htm
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:41 pm “The ‘best job in America’ pays $145,000 and has 14,000 job openings — and offers a generous work-life balance”

Should there be alarm that the lion’s share of lucrative employment named ^^ is in data-data-data/technology?? :shock:
Doctors, psychiatrists, dentists are not near the top 10??

“It takes all kinds to make the world go ‘round,” i’m hesitant to believe techy brains should take such priority.
Techy brains are valuable. But, not in such imbalance.

They pay themselves so well. This was noticeable from the start. Early graduates with computing skills could expect generous starting salaries, even with 2 year community college certificates. They are good with numbers, they know how to pay themselves.

i’m just not convinced techie brains have all that’s needed for healthy, functioning societies.
i sense disproportionate outcomes.

i.e., overly robotic answers for the world that needs Jesus, who is more than tech “efficiency.” :-|
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:46 am
temporal1 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:41 pm “The ‘best job in America’ pays $145,000 and has 14,000 job openings — and offers a generous work-life balance”

Should there be alarm that the lion’s share of lucrative employment named ^^ is in data-data-data/technology?? :shock:
Doctors, psychiatrists, dentists are not near the top 10??

“It takes all kinds to make the world go ‘round,” i’m hesitant to believe techy brains should take such priority.
Techy brains are valuable. But, not in such imbalance.

They pay themselves so well. This was noticeable from the start. Early graduates with computing skills could expect generous starting salaries, even with 2 year community college certificates. They are good with numbers, they know how to pay themselves.

i’m just not convinced techie brains have all that’s needed for healthy, functioning societies.
i sense disproportionate outcomes.

i.e., overly robotic answers for the world that needs Jesus, who is more than tech “efficiency.” :-|

Tech-at-work:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4556

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4368&start=150
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

“A veteran who set up a business delivering Amazon packages says he feels trapped and can't shut down because of potentially high exit fees for returning Amazon's branded vans”
https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon- ... ort-2022-3
A veteran who started an Amazon delivery business told Protocol he wanted to shut it down.

He said he was afraid of exit fees he could owe Amazon if he terminated his contract.

He said Amazon charged for damages to the vans and the damages could run upward of $100,000.

A veteran who set up an independent business delivering packages for Amazon told Protocol he wanted to shut his business down but was too afraid of anticipated exit fees from Amazon.

Amazon's vast delivery network is partly made up of delivery service partners, third-party contracted firms that deliver the tech giant's packages to customers.

The veteran, along with other DSP owners who spoke with Protocol, said they were dependent on federal Paycheck Protection Program loans to bolster their income or they previously were.

The veteran told Protocol he wanted to close his business but was too scared of the exit fees he could incur.

"They make it extremely difficult for you to get out of the program," he said. "If I were to say, 'Hey, I can't do this anymore,' they write down every nick or scratch on a vehicle; the average person that tries to return the vehicle, you're looking at well over $100,000 of damages they are going to find in your fleet."

Amazon did not immediately comment when contacted by Insider about Protocol's report.

Amazon offers DSP owners a "flexible lease" option that lets them lease Amazon-branded vans from an unnamed "third party fleet management company."

The veteran set up his DSP after he saw an ad that specifically encouraged veterans to apply by saying the usual requirement for applicants to have $10,000 in startup cash could be waived for veterans, he told Protocol.

Protocol granted the veteran and other DSP owners it spoke with anonymity because they were afraid Amazon might retaliate against them. .. ..

Sounds like an opportunity to offer a new type of vehicle insurance?

i wouldn’t be surprised if Amazon began offering it .. not unlike insurance available for rental cars??
i wouldn’t be surprised if Amazon didn’t set this problem up for that purpose! (Create a need - sell a solution.) $$$
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Oh, you have insurance provided by Amazon of course (at inflated prices). The "wear and tear" charges are for things insurance doesn't cover, like torn seats, or things commercial insurance doesn't typically cover like very small dents and dings.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

How to become Pope / 5min
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

0 x

UNKNOWN