Job openings, work needed

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Job openings, work needed

Post by temporal1 »

Jobs

“8 Remote Jobs That Pay at Least $20 Per Hour”
They're from some big name companies, too.
https://www.gobankingrates.com/money/jo ... -per-hour/
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Jobs

“14 Blue-Collar Jobs That Pay at Least $100,000 a Year”
https://financebuzz.com/amp/100k-blue-collar-jobs
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

OATHS / PLEDGES REQUIRED FOR EDUCATION / EMPLOYMENT

“Oath at University of Minnesota Medical School’s White Coat Ceremony, August 19, 2022” / -2min

“University of Minnesota Medical School’s updated Hippocratic Oath could raise compelled speech concerns”
Video of a dean leading incoming med students in pledge to “honor Indigenous ways of healing,” commit to “anti-racism,” and more, suggests oath may be mandatory.
https://www.thefire.org/news/university ... led-speech
Medical students possibly being made to read verbatim from ideological pledges if they wish to become physicians would be a new low.
^^There is a another video of this ceremony on MN, not sure where.

“Hang on, now you have to pledge allegiance to the climate change gods to get a job?” | Redacted News / -26min

Description:
Why do architects have to pledge allegiance to the environment?
We explore ways that builders are being asked to use sustainable materials that, in the end, might not be all that sustainable.

It’s become a matter of government ideologues, not the marketplace, deciding who are winners, who are losers.

Gov has the unique privilege to not be concerned with trivial matters such as:
accountability of any kind, financial, social, or other.

This makes gov an IMPOSSIBLE entity with which to compete.
No private party or industry (unless chosen+subsidized by gov!) can survive without accountability, proving its worth.
Gov has no such constraints.

These oaths reflect how stifling gov has become -(worse is in process).
TRILLIONS are dedicated to this. Gov ideologues (activists and cult leaders) are drunk with power.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

OATHS / PLEDGES REQUIRED FOR EDUCATION / EMPLOYMENT

DEI Statements / Diversity, Equity, Inclusion

ACADEMIA
September 2022 / “Mandated Diversity Statement Drives Jonathan Haidt To Quit Academic Society”
Prominent social psychologist and NYU professor calls the requirement “explicitly ideological.”

https://reason.com/2022/09/30/mandated- ... c-society/
.. "The Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP)—recently asked me to violate my quasi-fiduciary duty to the truth," he added. "I was going to attend the annual conference in Atlanta next February to present some research with colleagues on a new and improved version of the Moral Foundations Questionnaire.

I was surprised to learn about a new rule:
In order to present research at the conference, all social psychologists are now required to submit a statement explaining 'whether and how this submission advances the equity, inclusion, and anti-racism goals of SPSP.'"

Such diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) statements have proliferated at universities and in academic societies, he notes, even though "most academic work has nothing to do with diversity, so these mandatory statements force many academics to betray their quasi-fiduciary duty to the truth by spinning, twisting, or otherwise inventing some tenuous connection to diversity."

But the SPSP requirement went a step further, dropping "diversity" in favor of "anti-racism," a term frequently associated with Boston University's Ibram X. Kendi, author of How to Be an Antiracist and other works.

Among the book's passages is a widely shared one highlighted by Haidt:
"The only remedy to racist discrimination is antiracist discrimination. The only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination. The only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination."
That's an "explicitly ideological" interpretation of social interactions, Haidt objects, along with prescribed remedies to which he has moral and professional objections. He believes individual members of SPSP should be free to adopt the sentiment themselves,
but adherence shouldn't be compelled.

"So I'm going to resign from SPSP at the end of this year, when my membership dues run out,
if the policy on mandatory statements stays in place for future conventions," he concludes.

Mandatory DEI statements became a concern well before Haidt's run-in with the SPSP and the substitution of "anti-racism" for diversity." Just weeks ago, Reason's Emma Camp noted that "in many American universities, prospective professors are now expected to include lengthy diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) statements in their job applications." :shock:

A recent American Association of University Professors survey found that DEI criteria are included in consideration for tenure at 21.5 percent of colleges and universities, and at 45.6 percent of large institutions of higher education. .. ..

ACADEMIC FREEDOM
“Want An Academic Job? Start Preparing Your DEI Statement.”
More universities than ever are now requiring lengthy DEI statements from job applicants. Is that good for academic freedom?

https://reason.com/2022/09/19/want-an-a ... statement/

REASON PODCAST
“Heterodox Academy Fights For Intellectual Freedom and Diversity Among Professors: Podcast”
Deb Mashek explains why intellectual diversity can't be optional if we're serious about higher education.

https://reason.com/podcast/2018/07/04/d ... k-podcast/
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

“$100,000 isn’t the dream salary it once was for millennials as they feel the middle-class squeeze”
The American dream is a lot more expensive than it used to be. “I thought there’d be a huge pile of money in my checking account,” says one worker of her first $100,000.
https://fortune.com/2023/04/18/100000-s ... inflation/
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

temporal1 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:43 pm “$100,000 isn’t the dream salary it once was for millennials as they feel the middle-class squeeze”
The American dream is a lot more expensive than it used to be. “I thought there’d be a huge pile of money in my checking account,” says one worker of her first $100,000.
https://fortune.com/2023/04/18/100000-s ... inflation/
In a large city, $100,000 a year income means spending over half of your after tax pay on rent (for a single person) to live somewhere closer than an hour to your job and not in a dangerous area.
2 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I noticed yesterday here that McDonalds is trying to hire shift managers for $22 per hour now.

I also notice how in recent years, more business use banners etc., to advertise job openings. Whereas in years past, these banners and signs were used to advertise their products.
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

RZehr wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:00 pm I noticed yesterday here that McDonalds is trying to hire shift managers for $22 per hour now.

I also notice how in recent years, more business use banners etc., to advertise job openings. Whereas in years past, these banners and signs were used to advertise their products.
Shift managers have a gruelling high stress job. Not surprising they are having trouble filling it. It is lots of responsibility with no authority.

I view signs advertising job openings as a sign for me, the customer, to perhaps avoid the place - it will be understaffed and provide a poorer experience.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

“The IRS is hiring special agents prepared to use 'deadly force' if needed and is paying up to $95,000”
The Internal Revenue Service is hiring armed special agents across the US.
The agency's Criminal Investigation unit wants people who are legally allowed to carry guns.
These agents must work at least 50 hours weekly and be on-call 24/7 – even during vacations.
https://www.businessinsider.com/irs-hir ... rce-2023-4
The Internal Revenue Service is hiring special agents who shouldn't be afraid of using "deadly force."

Criminal Investigation, the law enforcement branch of the IRS, is looking for agents across the US who can combine "accounting skills with law enforcement skills to investigate financial crimes," according to a job posting on its website.

"Special Agents are duly sworn law enforcement officers who are trained to 'follow the money.'"

These agents investigate financial crimes, money laundering, tax-related identity theft, and terrorist financing efforts. They are the only IRS workers who are permitted to carry and use firearms. ..

.. According to a posting on the website for government jobs, the IRS is seeking agents in all 50 states.
The posting lists 360 vacancies.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

ENCOURAGING NEWS

“6 DEI leaders just left senior roles in Hollywood and media—it’s part of a larger problem: ‘It’s absolutely alarming’ “
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/12/6-dei-l ... oblem.html
0 x

UNKNOWN