Job openings, work needed

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Job openings, work needed

Post by Josh »

YorkandAdams wrote:How long until faith builders becomes "EMU liberal"? Is it only a matter of time or does faith builders have a plan for combating this "cancer"?
That's a good question. People who are involved with FBEP and Sattler assure me that it will just be different this time, and to be fair to them, there are some people who are cognizant of the history of EMU. At the same time, I can't help but think of some very notable figures at EMU who were cognizant of the same thing, and yet today we have EMU students protesting that it's really important for them to put on Corpus Christi, and EMU, Bluffton, and Goshen being the first in their association of Christian colleges to affirm same sex married staff. That's a track record that should concern anyone.

My perspective of FBEP and Sattler is that they already have strong contingents inside them that trend liberal, although at this point that's amongst the student body, not with the faculty and staff - although in my experience, university faculty and administration generally tends to trend more and more liberal over time.

In the CMC world, Rosedale likewise has long been a bastion of the more liberal-progressive element of the conference, and this seemed to go hand in hand with Rosedale's transformation from a Bible school to a 2 year college (and now there is talk of transforming into a full-blown college). My experience at the last conference of the CMC was of a speaker who gave an impassioned lecture to a group of solely youth and young people on why acceptance of homosexuality is an important priority for the church. Rosedale is a place where 35 years ago every woman would have practiced the veiling. Things change fast.

By the way, I appreciate your perspective too - I think part of a healthy community is that we aren't all dominated by just 1 way of thinking.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Just noticed 2 different internet jobs, the first is for a volunteer. :)

Take My Hand, Not My Life (pro-life volunteer) this site is based in Canada

https://www.facebook.com/tmhnml/
Do you want to reach thousands of people on a daily basis about the truth about abortion?
Do you want to be able to save babies from wherever you are? Then we have a position with your name on it!

We are in need of someone to help out with the page. You will need to be able to dedicate about 4 hours a week for scheduling posts, as well as helping out with messages, comments, etc.
The position is available immediately. Please contact the page for more information.

Please note that this is a volunteer position. ~Tennille
DuckDuckGo / careers page
https://duckduckgo.com/hiring/
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

0 x

UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

temporal1 wrote:WIENERMOBILE DRIVER - :D
http://fox45now.com/news/offbeat/oscar- ... ile-driver

:rofl:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

“Walmart hiring hundreds of truck drivers, increasing pay to nearly $90K”
http://wset.com/news/nation-world/walma ... nearly-90k
0 x

UNKNOWN
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

temporal1 wrote:“Walmart hiring hundreds of truck drivers, increasing pay to nearly $90K”
That's twice what I earned on my salary :o What's the catch? There has to be a catch.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

MaxPC wrote:
temporal1 wrote:“Walmart hiring hundreds of truck drivers, increasing pay to nearly $90K”
That's twice what I earned on my salary :o What's the catch? There has to be a catch.
There is. You have to spend most of your life hundreds to thousands of miles away from your home in a small confined space, alone except for your radios and cell phone, subject to every imaginable weather condition and on constant awareness for accidents and other road hazards.

Other than that, it's just peachy. :)
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote:
MaxPC wrote:
There is. You have to spend most of your life hundreds to thousands of miles away from your home in a small confined space, alone except for your radios and cell phone, subject to every imaginable weather condition and on constant awareness for accidents and other road hazards.

Other than that, it's just peachy. :)
I know some men who would find that attractive actually (not me, mind). I see that Walmart offers more regular schedules and regular time off too.

There are apps available to warn of road conditions, accidents and weather. I have one on my phone: It's called NavBug and comes in pretty handy on the road.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

mike wrote: There is. You have to spend most of your life hundreds to thousands of miles away from your home in a small confined space, alone except for your radios and cell phone, subject to every imaginable weather condition and on constant awareness for accidents and other road hazards.
Sounds like my drive into and home from the grocery store yesterday.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Indiana DNR
“DNR is hiring conservation officers”

https://fox59.com/2019/02/02/dnr-is-hir ... -officers/

i did not correlate DNR with law enforcement. :?
but, i guess. hmm.
.. In addition to traditional law enforcement work, ICOs also engage in many specialty areas, including SCUBA, K-9, search and rescue, swift water rescue and many more.

To be qualified to pass the pre-screening test, you must be a U.S. citizen; be 21 years old by Dec. 27, 2019 and have an associate’s degree from an accredited college or completed 60 hours toward a bachelor’s degree, or have four years full time active military service with an honorable discharge by Aug. 12, 2018. You must be able to pass minimum Indiana Law Enforcement Academy physical fitness requirements as listed at ilea.IN.gov/2338.htm.

If you think you have what it takes, go to dnr.IN.gov/lawenfor, read “Becoming a Conservation Officer” and complete the Pre Screening Questionnaire.
0 x

UNKNOWN