My coronavirus meltdown thread

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: My coronavirus meltdown thread

Post by temporal1 »

Page 2
Josh:
.. the government is injecting cash all over the U.S. economy, and the government is encouraging these kind of work environment changes.
it appears the public treasury floodgates are wide open. :shock:
it remains to be seen how that’s going to work out. the sums are daunting to a person like myself.
i question the potential for incompetence, waste, fraud, corruption, exploitation. and regrets.

it seems politicians, in a big election year, are competing to see who can out-give the other. :-|
a bit unnerving for those who know there will be a “morning-after.” :-|

0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Josh wrote:
How's it feel to be part of what our nation considers essential, critical infrastructure?
I'm thankful to have employment. As I understand the local grocery stores are able to keep things in stock a bit better than last week. But any that were open 24 hours like Walmart or Giant Foods now close between 11pm and 6am so they have a chance to clean and restock. That helps.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

MaxPC wrote:In China they're using anything for protection. Grapefruit, water bottles, even cabbage leaves.

After thinking about it I really like the modified bottle idea. The eye area is protected and the bottle can be sanitized much easier. I would still wear a respirator (N, R, or P) that was at least a 99 or 100. But in a pinch those bottles are cheaper and more widely available.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Josh wrote:I had a routine doctor appointment this morning. My brother's wife is a physician and also happens to be 8 months pregnant and is having a high risk pregnancy, and she requested I get my TDAP vaccinations up to date.

I have travelled extensively over the last 3 months. In December, I learned about this disease, which seemed concerning, but there wasn't much information and I wasn't sure what I could do. In January, I was concerned about this spread, and requested to limit my travel with work. After doing that for 2 weeks, I felt I was being a bit alarmist, or at least the coronavirus was not coming to the U.S. and Canada as fast as I expected.

I returned home at the beginning of March and had a sore throat and a cold and decided to limit myself to working from home and avoid going to the office, to church, etc. until I felt better. I reported my history to my doctor in advance of my appointment.

Today, all patients were being provided with a brand new N95 mask, provided at the door. Instead of the waiting room, we were requested to wait in our cars, and then a phone call or text message told us when it's time to come in. My doctor did a brief examination and then decided to collect a SARS-nCoV-2 test. I am not diagnosed with COVID-19 at this time. The test results are predicted to come back Friday, but may take longer. He took precautions with a face shield and face mask as well.

It seems the government, CDC, and health care industry has been very busy distributing tests, masks, and other equipment that doctors' offices need.

I live with an elderly couple, and so I decided not to return to my normal home, on the doctors' orders. Someone at church has a home under renovation that is currently habitable and which nobody lives in, and I am staying there from now on until the test results come back. If I am positive, I will need to stay there until I recover, and then an additional isolation period until my doctor tells me I am no longer at risk of spreading the disease.
I just want to acknowledge that this is really tough and I'm sorry Josh that you've been dislocated for the time being. I hope your tests come back negative and that you are able to go home soon. Blessings.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Josh wrote:
steve-in-kville wrote:
mike wrote: And your company's truck has finally arrived with our order. I'm guessing it's a real madhouse in there.
When our VP of Operations is riding around on a jack in dress pants and a polo shirt helping to pick UPS orders.... maybe not a madhouse, but a circus for sure. Customers that already get two deliveries a week are coming in with their own trucks for additional orders. Good times....

UPS no longer sends in its regular delivery truck. We got a big straight truck today. I'm already getting returns. Skids of peanut butter in 5-gallon buckets. 40 of them. Customer ordered online and entered the wrong item number. I was told next week is gonna be my turn to play circus.
How's it feel to be part of what our nation considers essential, critical infrastructure?
It's just lovely here.

Actually, it appears that in my state at least there is a lot of grey area as to what is essential. All manner of parts, hardware, and dry goods stores are deeming themselves essential and staying open until directed otherwise. Service industry and construction businesses seem to be running normally.

Yesterday was another day of 2X normal business and today so far it's similar. But I have the feeling this may normalize pretty soon. We have basically seen 4 business days of super intense buying by consumers. It can't last.

I'm a little distracted at the moment due to my wife deciding to have a baby last evening in the middle of a national crisis. If it would have been a girl, we kidded about naming it Corona. It doesn't have a bad ring to it.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

mike:
.. I'm a little distracted at the moment due to my wife deciding to have a baby last evening in the middle of a national crisis. :D

If it would have been a girl, we kidded about naming it Corona. It doesn't have a bad ring to it.
This forum could use a NEWBORN NURSERY thread. :D
if one is started, i hope it will be retroactive to at least the beginning of MN in 2016. :D
and, to include adoptions of every age. :D

0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Szdfan wrote:
Josh wrote:I had a routine doctor appointment this morning. My brother's wife is a physician and also happens to be 8 months pregnant and is having a high risk pregnancy, and she requested I get my TDAP vaccinations up to date.

I have travelled extensively over the last 3 months. In December, I learned about this disease, which seemed concerning, but there wasn't much information and I wasn't sure what I could do. In January, I was concerned about this spread, and requested to limit my travel with work. After doing that for 2 weeks, I felt I was being a bit alarmist, or at least the coronavirus was not coming to the U.S. and Canada as fast as I expected.

I returned home at the beginning of March and had a sore throat and a cold and decided to limit myself to working from home and avoid going to the office, to church, etc. until I felt better. I reported my history to my doctor in advance of my appointment.

Today, all patients were being provided with a brand new N95 mask, provided at the door. Instead of the waiting room, we were requested to wait in our cars, and then a phone call or text message told us when it's time to come in. My doctor did a brief examination and then decided to collect a SARS-nCoV-2 test. I am not diagnosed with COVID-19 at this time. The test results are predicted to come back Friday, but may take longer. He took precautions with a face shield and face mask as well.

It seems the government, CDC, and health care industry has been very busy distributing tests, masks, and other equipment that doctors' offices need.

I live with an elderly couple, and so I decided not to return to my normal home, on the doctors' orders. Someone at church has a home under renovation that is currently habitable and which nobody lives in, and I am staying there from now on until the test results come back. If I am positive, I will need to stay there until I recover, and then an additional isolation period until my doctor tells me I am no longer at risk of spreading the disease.
I just want to acknowledge that this is really tough and I'm sorry Josh that you've been dislocated for the time being. I hope your tests come back negative and that you are able to go home soon. Blessings.
Thanks J. Same wishes for you, be safe.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote:
I'm a little distracted at the moment due to my wife deciding to have a baby last evening in the middle of a national crisis. If it would have been a girl, we kidded about naming it Corona. It doesn't have a bad ring to it.
Congratulations!
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Szdfan wrote:

Praying in agreement with Szdfan's prayers too Josh, I'm sorry you are going through this, please keep us updated
0 x