Cornerstone Melodies

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Re: Cornerstone Melodies

Post by appleman2006 »

Ahh that makes sense. I simply could not put that together as I was sure she was a bit older and lived in PS by then. But there is a slight resemblance although as I look closer now I can see the difference. And as I recall that Elaine could also sing very well. ;) I think that is what confused me.
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Re: Hallelujah Chorus by Otter Lake School

Post by lesterb »

appleman2006 wrote:Ahh that makes sense. I simply could not put that together as I was sure she was a bit older and lived in PS by then. But there is a slight resemblance although as I look closer now I can see the difference. And as I recall that Elaine could also sing very well. ;) I think that is what confused me.
Speaking of Parry Sound, or Otter Lake, here is a digital copy of their school program, back when Dwight Gingerich was probably about in grade six. Several of Elaine and Ken's children sang on this. They came all the way from Parry Sound to have me record them and I really did enjoy the day.

Gordon Martin's daughter Sharon was the teacher and she had put together a tremendous repertoire. Especially listen to the Hallelujah Chorus and tell me whether it isn't about the best rendering a school group of a dozen children you've heard. That's Otter Lake-06.mp3

Otter Lake School
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Re: Hallelujah Chorus by Otter Lake School

Post by silentreader »

lesterb wrote:
appleman2006 wrote:Ahh that makes sense. I simply could not put that together as I was sure she was a bit older and lived in PS by then. But there is a slight resemblance although as I look closer now I can see the difference. And as I recall that Elaine could also sing very well. ;) I think that is what confused me.
Speaking of Parry Sound, or Otter Lake, here is a digital copy of their school program, back when Dwight Gingerich was probably about in grade six. Several of Elaine and Ken's children sang on this. They came all the way from Parry Sound to have me record them and I really did enjoy the day.

Gordon Martin's daughter Sharon was the teacher and she had put together a tremendous repertoire. Especially listen to the Hallelujah Chorus and tell me whether it isn't about the best rendering a school group of a dozen children you've heard. That's Otter Lake-06.mp3

Otter Lake School
Can definitely pick out my son-in-law's voice.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
cmbl
Affiliation: Pilgrim, NMB

Re: Cornerstone Melodies

Post by cmbl »

Thanks for these Lester.
0 x
"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous."