briar patch

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak

Post by Josh »

JM,

Should the federal government be allowed to have federal courthouses in Portland?

If so, what should they do if they are attacked by rioters?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Robert wrote:This is the Coronavirus thread.
I find it interesting that posters in this thread are in favor of the government forcing people to wear masks, and forcing people not to sing in church, but also are against the government protecting a courthouse from people trying to set it on fire.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Josh wrote:JM,

Should the federal government be allowed to have federal courthouses in Portland?

If so, what should they do if they are attacked by rioters?
Absolutely. Protect the building. But these people are going 5-6 blocks away from the courthouse they are supposed to be protecting. They are snatching people in unmarked vans, blocks away from the courthouse.

I know a bunch of provocitors when I see it. I have seen it up close and personal. These are inciting more trouble than they solve.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Robert wrote:
Judas Maccabeus wrote: Hon, I happen to live in America’s largest cities, the (former) home of Freddie Grey. We have frequent demonstrations. If we had those brownshirts here, we would have riots too.

Maybe you should leave your rural bubble.

J.M,
Hon, I was born in the inner city of Baltimore and lived in several large cities and worked downtown. I live in my rural bubble now because I left that mess behind.

Your constant references to Nazis is ridiculous and I grow tired of it. I have lost a lot of respect for you because of it. I no longer an interested in hearing your opinions since they are so biased and distorted. I pray for those you care for. I hope they experience a better side than you show here. Goodbye.
Than you should know the opinions I express are the norm here, and not an outlier.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

For what it's worth, I find more rationality and less drama here than on Facebook...which has turned into a fever swamp of crazy these days.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Dan Z wrote:For what it's worth, I find more rationality and less drama here than on Facebook...which has turned into a fever swamp of crazy these days.
Considering what this place is like - I'm glad I'm not on Facebook. Can't imagine what it must be like if it's worse than here.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

ken_sylvania wrote:
Dan Z wrote:For what it's worth, I find more rationality and less drama here than on Facebook...which has turned into a fever swamp of crazy these days.
Considering what this place is like - I'm glad I'm not on Facebook. Can't imagine what it must be like if it's worse than here.
I’ve been under the impression that Facebook is mostly people talking and no one listening.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Your FB feed is mostly whatever your "friends" post. You must have a fever swamp of crazy friends. You can curate it by curating your friend list. You don't even have to 'unfriend' them. Just unfollow those friends who insist on cluttering up your feed with nonsense. That's what I do.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

RZehr wrote:
ken_sylvania wrote:
I’ve been under the impression that Facebook is mostly people talking and no one listening.
I'm glad that never happens here.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

ohio jones wrote:
RZehr wrote:
ken_sylvania wrote: Considering what this place is like - I'm glad I'm not on Facebook. Can't imagine what it must be like if it's worse than here.
I'm glad that never happens here.
:roll:
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown