Whole Body Health

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Re: Whole Body Health

Post by appleman2006 »

Wade wrote:It seems there are people looking for and making evil about anything that isn't conventional medicine...

I do not think that all forms or even most forms of alternative medicine are witchcraft. Actually the ones I am most concerned about are the ones that actually work or appear to work with no scientific explanation.

The vast majority of alternative medicine I simply see as junk science. And in most cases the only thing that can really explain some of it working is the placebo affect which has been proven to be a real thing.

Ultimately God is the great healer. Doctors can only work within the laws of nature and science that God has designed. And because he is the giver of life sometimes He and He along overrules those rules.

The body does not heal itself nor will it ever. I am sure you all agree on that.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

appleman2006 wrote:
Wade wrote:It seems there are people looking for and making evil about anything that isn't conventional medicine...

I do not think that all forms or even most forms of alternative medicine are witchcraft. Actually the ones I am most concerned about are the ones that actually work or appear to work with no scientific explanation.

The vast majority of alternative medicine I simply see as junk science. And in most cases the only thing that can really explain some of it working is the placebo affect which has been proven to be a real thing.

Ultimately God is the great healer. Doctors can only work within the laws of nature and science that God has designed. And because he is the giver of life sometimes He and He along overrules those rules.

The body does not heal itself nor will it ever. I am sure you all agree on that.
My wife's surgeon would disagree. He said, "the body heals its self and there is nothing we can do."

I actually have no idea what you mean by alternative medicine? Alternative to what? I understand it to mean anything different than conventional medicine.
Conventional medicine typical does only harm to people with digestive issues. Alternatively avoiding wheat, sugar, etc. has helped many people to heal when conventional medicine would rather prescribe drugs that only impact symptoms but don't deal with any root.

I don't think we can lump it all together and then call it most junk science and be honest. I will not agree with you.

And if you are not then could you please use terms that mean what they do at face value?
0 x
appleman2006

Post by appleman2006 »

Sorry but I stand by what I said. God heals. Any methods verified and discovered by and through science were put in place by the creator God. And yes I am sure there is lots about our bodies not yet discovered although a lot less than what we did not know even 50 years ago. But I am sure we do not really disagree on the above.
The problem I have with implying that the body heals itself is the implication that if everything is done exactly a certain way people will all live to be old and healthy. We know that is not the case. God did create each of our bodies differently even though there are some rules that if followed will usually produce certain results.
God has given most of us immune systems to fight off many diseases but not all and it also has limitations. He has made our bodies in such a way that when we cut ourselves new cells grow to replace them but again it is only due to his powers.

Again I am guessing you do not disagree with this.

As to what I mean by alternative medicine. I am referring to what the term is generally understood to mean and that is any practise outside of what is generally understood to be conventional. All of the things listed in that document presented by Roger would fit into that plus probably some others.

I accept that some people cannot eat certain things. My own daughter-in-law is celiac. I do think that the general anti wheat thing is a bit of a fad just as the anti sugar thing is. Nutrition is very important. I am a firm believer in that. But as in all things the best way to get proper nutrition is to be balanced in everything. For most average people totally avoiding things can be just as dangerous as eating way to much of something even healthy things. Look at anyone that has eaten too many carrots.

All of this to say that I am not a doctor. Not even close so please do not take my word for anything said here. Talk to your medical doctor if you are looking for advice.

Cheers and gesundheit. :)
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

appleman2006 wrote:Sorry but I stand by what I said. God heals. Any methods verified and discovered by and through science were put in place by the creator God. And yes I am sure there is lots about our bodies not yet discovered although a lot less than what we did not know even 50 years ago. But I am sure we do not really disagree on the above.
The problem I have with implying that the body heals itself is the implication that if everything is done exactly a certain way people will all live to be old and healthy. We know that is not the case. God did create each of our bodies differently even though there are some rules that if followed will usually produce certain results.
God has given most of us immune systems to fight off many deceases but not all and it also has limitations. He has made our bodies in such a way that when we cut ourselves new cells grow to replace them but again it is only due to his powers.

Again I am guessing you do not disagree with this.

As to what I mean by alternative medicine. I am referring to what the term is generally understood to mean and that is any practise outside of what is generally understood to be conventional. All of the things listed in that document presented by Roger would fit into that plus probably some others.

I accept that some people cannot eat certain things. My own daughter-in-law is celiac. I do think that the general anti wheat thing is a bit of a fad just as the anti sugar thing is. Nutrition is very important. I am a firm believer in that. But as in all things the best way to get proper nutrition is to be balanced in everything. For most average people totally avoiding things can be just as dangerous as eating way to much of something even healthy things. Look at anyone that has eaten too many carrots.

All of this to say that I am not a doctor. Not even close so please do not take my word for anything said here. Talk to your medical doctor if you are looking for advice.

Cheers and gesundheit. :)
I can agree, except about asking the doctor for advice since they have only caused me personally more harm.
I do see that anti-wheat or anti- sugar could become a fad but that doesn't take away from those that are being honest.

Really I don't want you to experience fighting yeast infections as a newborn baby and then into your 30's because conventional medicine only dealt with symptoms and there drugs made it come back worse. Or to suffer for 25 years with a gut ache so bad you make many trips to the hospital as a child which conventional medicine blames you for because their science can't find anything...
For some of us anti-wheat and anti-sugar just means we can even function from day to day. Many are handicapped by trusting well-meaning but misinformed doctors on both sides, but thank GOD His ways are not conventional!
0 x
appleman2006

Post by appleman2006 »

I understand that everyone's situation is different. And I accept that some people's problems do not fit the conventional frame. What bothers me is when mainline medicine is then made out to be the bad guy when for the vast majority of us it works well. That is why it is mainline and conventional.

I do not see you doing this. But it is a concern of mine when mainline medicine is knocked to the extent that parents make the mistake of not taking their children to doctors even when they are really sick. That happens and at times that IMO is criminal. Again I am not putting you in that category. I am simply speaking out in case there are those reading this that are leaning towards that and could be influenced in a wrong way because of something said here. It is a real concern.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

And the reason why I keep posting is when conventional medicine is treated like it has the answers and anything alternative should be questioned without questioning conventional science you could be influencing others to view conventional medicine like a god.
One day when it fails them they may react running in completely the wrong direction but it could be that they are influenced by your lumping most alternative things into "junk science" and just have the same heart by doing that to conventional science as well.

:hug: :)
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Exceptions to the rule do not mean there is no value in the rule and we toss everything out. And there will always be exceptions, and there is nothing wrong with that.
0 x
appleman2006

Post by appleman2006 »

Wade wrote:And the reason why I keep posting is when conventional medicine is treated like it has the answers and anything alternative should be questioned without questioning conventional science you could be influencing others to view conventional medicine like a god.
One day when it fails them they may react running in completely the wrong direction but it could be that they are influenced by your lumping most alternative things into "junk science" and just have the same heart by doing that to conventional science as well.

:hug: :)
I accept that. But you see I am not a medical expert or a scientist. Nor will I ever be. Therefor I have to either choose to trust them or someone who claims he knows even more than they do but has no credentials to prove it. And no, letters behind a name alone are not enough for me. But if enough people with letter behind their name say the same things long enough and have a huge amount of evidence that I can see to back it up I am going to make some logical conclusions.
Ultimately we all trust someone. And ultimately I trust God. A God who created a wonderful world including our bodies and who gave some people the brains to figure things out to the extent that medicine has moved although in amazing ways just in my lifetime.
Yes people in medicine have made mistakes. They do not get it right all the time. They are not God. I just happen to believe that over all their success rate is at least as good if not better than the average practitioner of alternative medicine. Your experience may be different.
0 x
DrWojo
Affiliation: Sylvian Christian Fe

Post by DrWojo »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:
Valerie wrote:
Judas Maccabeus wrote: Are you talking about this?

http://www.anabaptistslive.com/docs/han ... orcery.pdf

If so, than I agree with him.

J.M.
I will have to watch this when I have time but the words in your link tell me it's truly a false accusation if that is the case- I am sensitive to anything that hints of sorcery of divination and this practice does nothing of the kind- at all. Dr. Weeks is a Chiropractor who is the 6th generation of doctors in his family- the first 5 were conventional- but then his father turned away from conventional I believe- I'm reading Dr. Weeks book "Living Whole Body Health" which helps people get back to a healthy life WITHOUT sorcery or divination- I suppose because of the Amish there is that 'fear' but I assure who, their practice does nothing of the kind- or I wouldn't step foot in it- the Holy Spirit has yanked me from things like that in the past- He has not brought any of that conviction here-
I am simply agreeing with Hertzler here. This is a PDF handout not a video so it is a short read. Please comment after reading this.

J. M.
“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” - Herbert Spencer
0 x
"Too often believers have trivialized goodness by concentrating on their various denominational brands of legalism, becoming a 'peculiar people' set at odd angles to the world rather than being an attractive light illuminating it." -Unknown
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:
Hats Off wrote:Roger Hertzler would have some advice for anyone seeing these practitioners. Some of the words used in describing the work are dead giveaways to the spirit of this place.
Are you talking about this?

http://www.anabaptistslive.com/docs/han ... orcery.pdf

If so, than I agree with him.

J.M.
Read it- and I can conclude that this article advise would not be applicable to this practice at all.
0 x