Seekers Gathering 2018?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.

Seekers Gathering April 27-29, 2018 ???

1. I (a single) would very likely attend
8%
2. I and my spouse would very likely attend
No votes
3. I and my family would very likely attend.
20%
4. There is a good chance I (a single) could attend but I won't know until closer to the time.
12%
5. There is a good chance that I and my spouse could attend but I won't know until closer to the time.
36%
6. There is a good chance that I and my family could attend but I won't know until closer to the time.
12%
7. If I come, I have friends who were not raised conservative Anabaptist that I would like to invite/bring to this event.
12%

Total votes: 25

Josh

Re: Seekers Gathering 2018?

Postby Josh » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:36 pm

ohio jones wrote:I think these would be topics worth exploring, whether at the SG or in another context:

When, why, and how to advocate for change
When, why, and how to leave

Yes it would be. Particularly since this is the one area when guidance from your home congregation’s leadership is not helpful.

Looking back, I should have gone to another Midwest bishop. At the time, I was not really aware that was even an option. I met a lot of other Midwest folks at their annual conference after I left, and when I did, I really wished I were still a part of Midwest.
0 x

justme
Affiliation: hermit

Postby justme » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:56 pm

per ernie's request, portions of this thread have been moved to
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=931
1 x

Ernie
Affiliation: Cons. Anabaptist

Postby Ernie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:42 am

Ernie wrote:Registration is now open for this event. Please see details at the link below.

http://www.plainnews.org/wp-content/upl ... g-2018.pdf

I do not plan to publicize this event elsewhere until after the first of the year.
So you MD folks have the month of December to submit your registration to me if you think you may want to attend. If you are quite sure you want to attend, you can go ahead and register and then cancel later if it does not suit. However, it would be nice if you didn't wait till the last minute to cancel.
0 x
Corporate worship, mutual aid, fellowship and mutual accountability characterize this community. An individualistic or self centered Anabaptism is a contradiction in terms. - Kevin Daugherty

Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Postby Heirbyadoption » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Ernie wrote:...it would be nice if you didn't wait till the last minute to cancel.
Who, us??? :laugh
1 x

Return to “Other”