Videos of Amish Children Playing Church

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
MaxPC
Affiliation: Catholic

Re: Videos of Amish Children Playing Church

Postby MaxPC » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:57 am

Sudsy wrote:
Curious further - is looking into a mirror 'questionable' ?

Only if it shatters :mrgreen: :hug:
Sometimes I just can't pass up an opening like that. :dance:
1 x
Max (aka Plain Catholic)
Psalm 105
“Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.” ― Mother Teresa

Joy

Postby Joy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Josh, no one in your church has a driver's license?
1 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Josh

Postby Josh » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:30 am

Joy wrote:Josh, no one in your church has a driver's license?

We have passport photos and other government mandated photos provided the purpose of having such a photo is not pride / idolatry.

We do not have family photos on the wall, wedding photos, Snapchat, Instagram, selfies, etc.
0 x

Joy

Postby Joy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:08 am

Josh wrote:

We have passport photos and other government mandated photos provided the purpose of having such a photo is not pride / idolatry.

We do not have family photos on the wall, wedding photos, Snapchat, Instagram, selfies, etc.

Interesting.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Postby Hats Off » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Josh wrote:

We have photos but not on the wall or in the china cabinet. I keep mine on the computer - my wife keeps them in photo albums which are not left lying around. That is personal to our family. We do not insist that others do likewise.
0 x

Sudsy
Affiliation: Mennonite Brethren

Postby Sudsy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 am

Hats Off wrote:
Josh wrote:

We have photos but not on the wall or in the china cabinet. I keep mine on the computer - my wife keeps them in photo albums which are not left lying around. That is personal to our family. We do not insist that others do likewise.

According to Romans 14, I don't have a problem with those who choose to see photos as an area of pride that they avoid and I doubt it will cause a brother to 'stumble' although it could, if the brother wanders into acts of piety taking pride in them. The very fact of us sharing how we practise our Christianity can be seen as an act of pride so it is hard to avoid appearances of pride.

God knows our hearts and if what we do is unto the Lord or for some other reason. That is what matters most, imo.
0 x

Wade
Affiliation: Independent Baptist

Postby Wade » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Hats Off wrote:
Josh wrote:

It is really helpful for me to put a face and a name together. When on a forum like this it is nice to have something visual and extra special when a family picture is shared. :hug:
0 x
"when ye do well,and suffer for it,ye take it patiently,this is acceptable with God..Christ also suffered for us,leaving us an example,that ye should follow his steps:Who did no sin..when he suffered,he threatened not;but committed himself"

Josh

Postby Josh » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:44 pm

I use discretion when a headshot of me is needed for work purposes, etc.
0 x

Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Postby Hats Off » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:02 pm

Wade wrote:
Hats Off wrote:
Josh wrote:

It is really helpful for me to put a face and a name together. When on a forum like this it is nice to have something visual and extra special when a family picture is shared. :hug:

The picture you sent me is printed and lying on my desk. I am not worshipping it but I am certainly appreciating it!
1 x

Return to “MennoLight”