Videos of Amish Children Playing Church

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Videos of Amish Children Playing Church

Post by MaxPC »

Sudsy wrote:
Curious further - is looking into a mirror 'questionable' ?
Only if it shatters :mrgreen: :hug:
Sometimes I just can't pass up an opening like that. :dance:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Josh, no one in your church has a driver's license?
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Joy wrote:Josh, no one in your church has a driver's license?
We have passport photos and other government mandated photos provided the purpose of having such a photo is not pride / idolatry.

We do not have family photos on the wall, wedding photos, Snapchat, Instagram, selfies, etc.
0 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Josh wrote:
We have passport photos and other government mandated photos provided the purpose of having such a photo is not pride / idolatry.

We do not have family photos on the wall, wedding photos, Snapchat, Instagram, selfies, etc.
Interesting.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Josh wrote:

We have photos but not on the wall or in the china cabinet. I keep mine on the computer - my wife keeps them in photo albums which are not left lying around. That is personal to our family. We do not insist that others do likewise.
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

Hats Off wrote:
Josh wrote:

We have photos but not on the wall or in the china cabinet. I keep mine on the computer - my wife keeps them in photo albums which are not left lying around. That is personal to our family. We do not insist that others do likewise.
According to Romans 14, I don't have a problem with those who choose to see photos as an area of pride that they avoid and I doubt it will cause a brother to 'stumble' although it could, if the brother wanders into acts of piety taking pride in them. The very fact of us sharing how we practise our Christianity can be seen as an act of pride so it is hard to avoid appearances of pride.

God knows our hearts and if what we do is unto the Lord or for some other reason. That is what matters most, imo.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Hats Off wrote:
Josh wrote:

It is really helpful for me to put a face and a name together. When on a forum like this it is nice to have something visual and extra special when a family picture is shared. :hug:
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I use discretion when a headshot of me is needed for work purposes, etc.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Wade wrote:
Hats Off wrote:
Josh wrote:

It is really helpful for me to put a face and a name together. When on a forum like this it is nice to have something visual and extra special when a family picture is shared. :hug:
The picture you sent me is printed and lying on my desk. I am not worshipping it but I am certainly appreciating it!
0 x