Hairy baby poll

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.

How much hair do your babies have? (or your family if you haven’t had babies)?

No hair
7%
Light fuzz
21%
Some hair, but measured in millimeters
21%
Touches the ears
36%
Goes over the ears some/touches the collar
7%
Goes past the earlobe
No votes
Freakishly long (pics or i don’t believe you)
7%

Total votes: 14

Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Hairy baby poll

Post by Soloist »

Just about every baby I have, the first thing everyone says is how hairy they are, so after this baby, I decided to create a poll because I can’t find any good studies to see what is normal. I should’ve checked ahead of time just to make sure Steve didn’t make this poll already, but have fun! :dance:
Unfortunately, I don’t know how to choose the same option more than once for multiple children, assuming some of yours have more than others, but you can elaborate on a post. if you do you have any hair length studies that you can link, go ahead.

As for mine, probably about half went somewhere down the ears/touching the coller, my oldest might have possibly been to earlobe, but I don’t think quite that long, and then the shortest we’ve had would probably just be touching the top of the ear. Exact measurements would’ve been great, but I doubt people take them usually. The current one has hair on top that’s probably somewhere between one and 2 inches long.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: Hairy baby poll

Post by Neto »

I do not remember about our own (three). However, I've seen some with a full head of thick hair, others, basically bald. A Brazilian friend, their first daughter had the blackest hair I've ever seen on a baby, and probably at least 2 inches long. (Sorry, I don't do metric.) The Indian babies also tended to have lots of hair at birth.

Oh, congratulations on the new baby.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

My 3 had a little hair but not much- our son more than our daughters. Oldest took a long time to grow much at all. Our grandchildren- son's 3 children didn't have much and the oldest took forever to grow much hair and their son had the most hair. Our oldest daughter's son had a lot of hair and curly at that.
1 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Our Congolese friends had a baby close to one of our children and they were quite amused when the two babies were together. I was curious what they were discussing and laughing about. Finally he told me a little reluctantly they were laughing at how bald white babies are because they eventually have more hair than Africans who are born with hair.
1 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Neto wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:36 pm I do not remember about our own (three). However, I've seen some with a full head of thick hair, others, basically bald. A Brazilian friend, their first daughter had the blackest hair I've ever seen on a baby, and probably at least 2 inches long. (Sorry, I don't do metric.) The Indian babies also tended to have lots of hair at birth.

Oh, congratulations on the new baby.
You probably would see more of this, being in South America. I don’t know if it’s hubby’s Native American blood or not, since it looks like I had a lot when I was a blonde little baby too and he only has a few drops anyway. While I was trying to look this up, I saw this picture of this baby girl who had jet black hair that could already basically be put up fancy as a newborn. I think her mom wanted to make her some sort of baby model or something.

I noticed that in the original post, I forgot to mention that this post was from the wife, but soloist thought it might be kind of obvious who made the poll.
1 x
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

so the title of this thread sure made my eyes go wide
i wasn't at all sure what to expect when i clicked on it.
i was almost afraid to!!

so hair, on a brand new baby's head.
our family has had lots of hair, and has had almost bald ones.
we've had really dark hair that turns blonde
we even have a 2 year old w fly away red hair. i love her hair!

for clarification. our family is my brothers and their children. so i'm talking about my nieces and nephews and the greats.
1 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

justme wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:31 pm so the title of this thread sure made my eyes go wide
i wasn't at all sure what to expect when i clicked on it.
i was almost afraid to!!

so hair, on a brand new baby's head.
our family has had lots of hair, and has had almost bald ones.
we've had really dark hair that turns blonde
we even have a 2 year old w fly away red hair. i love her hair!

for clarification. our family is my brothers and their children. so i'm talking about my nieces and nephews and the greats.
We’ve had some black go to brown, some dark/reddish go to blonde, all quite fluffy. I think red would be adorable too. Reminds me of the freckles discussion I had with my children the other day, because big brother was calling sister’s freckles ugly, and I pointed out that a lot of the old books that they read that refer to them that way also seem to do the same with tanned skin, and people are paying for fake freckles nowadays. I suppose that could be a different pole as to who likes freckles or not, but I find them nice on my daughter and my sister. my sisters are especially exotic, because she’s also half Hispanic. Speaking of which, I think she had a whole lot of hair and it was also going on her back too.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

are we to remain in suspense over whether the hairy infant is a girl or boy?

0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:38 am are we to remain in suspense over whether the hairy infant is a girl or boy?

Yes, but I will give you a hint. Our eldest child was very happy to dress said hairy infant in an outfit we found in the thrift store that has to do with the picture you posted. poor Bambi. :?
1 x