Poll: Grieving / Partings - People and Places

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.

Choose the one that most nearly describes you...

1. I begin grieving the first month at a new place, as I think about leaving the people/job/place sometime in the future.
No votes
2. I begin grieving part way through my time at a particular job or place.
No votes
3. I start grieving that last year or two before leaving.
22%
4. I start grieving a relatively a short time before leaving.
11%
5. I don't start grieving until the very time of parting.
No votes
6. I don't start grieving until after I left the job/place.
No votes
7. I rarely grieve about such things as I am so excited about the new things before me.
11%
8. What are you talking about???
56%
9. Other
No votes

Total votes: 9

Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Poll: Grieving / Partings - People and Places

Post by Ernie »

Our family has been interacting with a fine, young lady who has been doing an internship with us.

She says that for the first month when she is at a new place (a new school, a new job, a new place to teach) she grieves the thought of parting with the people she is interacting with. She begins talking with those around her about the grief she is feeling. Then when the parting comes two years later or three years later or five weeks later, the parting is not as emotionally difficult as it would be if she waited to grieve until the last months of her stay. She insists that she does real grieving and that this does not somehow skirt the grieving process. Can anybody else relate to this?
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Verity
Affiliation: NFC

Re: Poll: Grieving / Partings - People and Places

Post by Verity »

Ummm, is that because she is a lay?

Guess this was intentionally placed in Mennolight... when I saw the subject my first thought was what????
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Perhaps it is a mother hen who is thinking about eventually losing her chicks or saying goodbye to her flock when she gets "relocated" to... err... a new farm.
1 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Wife: I have no idea where I fall on the voting spectrum because it depends on the situation. All I can think of though with her method is how Ann in Ann of Green Gables started sobbing horribly because she was thinking about how her and her best friend would someday be parted when the other girl eventually got married, and they were both like 11 or 12. Whatever works for her I guess.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat