"In" colors

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

"In" colors

Post by Ernie »

How do certain color combinations become "in"?

Are "in" colors in America, the same in other western countries?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: "In" colors

Post by Szdfan »

By "in colors," you mean like how pastel and neon colors became a major thing in design and fashion during the 80s?
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Ernie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:38 am How do certain color combinations become "in"?

The profit margins of Wall Street and Commerce. Why buy the same shirt as you did last year? Because it may be in a new fad color. Otherwise, we would most likely trundle along with the same old clothing. Or cars. Or ...
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Szdfan wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:40 am By "in colors," you mean like how pastel and neon colors became a major thing in design and fashion during the 80s?
Yes. And right now houses walls and floors and sometimes the outsides are whites and grays and blacks.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Are you talking about decor or fashion? This is what was "in" during the early 1970s

Avocado Green appliances

And menswear

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

I’m definitely happy those styles changed. :shock:
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Ernie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:38 am How do certain color combinations become "in"?

Some of the flow of trends is planned by the fashion and design industry. Google "color of the year 2024".
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Soloist wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:40 pm I’m definitely happy those styles changed. :shock:
I've always liked orange, probably because it is unusual in clothing and home items.
1 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

barnhart wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:40 pm

Some of the flow of trends is planned by the fashion and design industry. Google "color of the year 2024".
I checked, but none of the recent colors reflect the white and grays and blacks of housing colors right now.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Ernie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:27 pm
barnhart wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:40 pm

I checked, but none of the recent colors reflect the white and grays and blacks of housing colors right now.
For homes, a lot of it is what looks good on Zillow. With the internet there has been a standardization of home design and decor to some sort of least offensive common denominator. If you look at enough Zillow ads of newer and upscale homes they all start looking exactly the same. It is what sells.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr