Priest delivers twin babies at cathedral

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Priest delivers twin babies at cathedral

Post by MaxPC »

1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Priest delivers twin babies at cathedral

Post by Ernie »

Wow. What a story!
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

It’s a miracle! We should build a cathedral at that place! Oh. Never mind.
2 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Father Jesus?

My understanding is that the Father is not the Son
0 x
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Josh wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:46 pm Father Jesus?

My understanding is that the Father is not the Son
It’s a fairly common name in Spanish speaking cultures. I believe when referring to Jesus the son of God, most Hispanics would say “Jesuchristo” not “Jesús,” so it just doesn’t seem as odd to be named after him as long you don’t have the Christ part in it.

Traditionally, parents would name their child after the saints day they were born upon (or around). A child born on march 19th would be called “José” or “Josefina.” A child born on December 25th would be called “Jesús.” There was a feminine form that has apparently fallen out of favor so a girl might be called “Maria Jesús” today.

You know “Joshua” is just an English variant of “Yeshua,” right? :D
2 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:15 pm
It’s a fairly common name in Spanish speaking cultures. I believe when referring to Jesus the son of God, most Hispanics would say “Jesuchristo” not “Jesús,” so it just doesn’t seem as odd to be named after him as long you don’t have the Christ part in it.

Traditionally, parents would name their child after the saints day they were born upon (or around). A child born on march 19th would be called “José” or “Josefina.” A child born on December 25th would be called “Jesús.” There was a feminine form that has apparently fallen out of favor so a girl might be called “Maria Jesús” today.

Wow that is so interesting, I did not know that. I just checked, and sure enough, a certain Jose I know has a birthday in March.
2 x
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Post by Falco Knotwise »

RZehr wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:09 pm
Falco Knotwise wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:15 pm

Wow that is so interesting, I did not know that. I just checked, and sure enough, a certain Jose I know has a birthday in March.
Yeah, I had a conversation at work one time with a hispanic friend, and a discussion came up (I probably brought it up) about how most Hispanic names are from the Bible. Then I remarked that in English culture nobody gets the name Jesus accept Jesus! He’s the one who told me they had a different way of referring to Jesus than we do.
1 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

I've had several Hispanic students named Jesus. It's a common name.
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

I found the article both encouraging and touching. Fr Jesús completely committed to helping this woman in her distress. He stayed with her and used 911 help to deliver those twins. He saved the second twin by breaking the amniotic sac and following instructions to get the infant breathing. Then visited them in the hospital. Bravo!
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

.. Father Mariscal texted the couple he was supposed to meet for marriage preparation.

“I’m sorry I’m late for our appointment. I was just helping a lady deliver twins,” he wrote.

They responded, assuming it was a joke to excuse his tardiness, “LOL Father. You don’t have to lie.” ..
:lol:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN