Extreme Ironing

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Extreme Ironing

Post by MaxPC »

0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Extreme Ironing

Post by Grace »

Now I saw it all !!! When I think of "extreme ironing" I think of the people who iron their bed sheets and women who iron their and their husband's underwear.
2 x
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

Grace, my thoughts exactly.
0 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

The maids in Brazil ironed the cloth diapers. And for good reason - the water there is not safe, and so the ironing is part of the cleaning process, to kill the little beasties in the water.

But as to the actual topic, maybe someone should bake donuts while hanging on a cliff side like that, or maybe while up in an ultra-lite.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Neto wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:28 pm The maids in Brazil ironed the cloth diapers. And for good reason - the water there is not safe, and so the ironing is part of the cleaning process, to kill the little beasties in the water.

But as to the actual topic, maybe someone should bake donuts while hanging on a cliff side like that, or maybe while up in an ultra-lite.
I used cloth diapers, that weren't prefolded, for my babies and when drying them in the dryer, they became very wrinkly. So I often ironed them before folding them. But The best way to dry cloth diapers was in the sunshine on a breezy day. There was a certain satisfaction neatly folding those fresh air dried diapers.
0 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Grace wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:11 pm
Neto wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:28 pm The maids in Brazil ironed the cloth diapers. And for good reason - the water there is not safe, and so the ironing is part of the cleaning process, to kill the little beasties in the water.

I used cloth diapers, that weren't prefolded, for my babies and when drying them in the dryer, they became very wrinkly. So I often ironed them before folding them. But The best way to dry cloth diapers was in the sunshine on a breezy day. There was a certain satisfaction neatly folding those fresh air dried diapers.
At that time we lived on the 5th floor of an apartment building, in the Aldeota section of Forteleza, Ceara, Brazil. (The state capitol, and a major city.) This was during Portuguese language school.
1 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.