Who has the most siblings? children?

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Who has the most siblings? children?

Post by RZehr »

You're right about the psychological effect.
Every make investments? Most successful active (not the passive ones) investors pay very good attention to their investment. They may make additional investments as well. The attachment we have to money translates to care given to the investment, whether it is ink on a paper such as stocks, or land, or whatever. We often develop a certain irrational emotional bond with the investment as well. We stay tuned to how it is doing.

Over time I have noticed that the people in need that I have secretly given money to, has created this same sort of interest in how they do. I want them to do well, to succeed. I am invested in them. I think about how they are doing more often, I pray for them more diligently. I am now a shareholder, and am no longer an onlooker.

I'm not sure if this just means that I love my money too much, or if I've accidentally stumbled upon a spiritual law.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

RZehr wrote:You're right about the psychological effect.
Every make investments? Most successful active (not the passive ones) investors pay very good attention to their investment. They may make additional investments as well. The attachment we have to money translates to care given to the investment, whether it is ink on a paper such as stocks, or land, or whatever. We often develop a certain irrational emotional bond with the investment as well. We stay tuned to how it is doing.

Over time I have noticed that the people in need that I have secretly given money to, has created this same sort of interest in how they do. I want them to do well, to succeed. I am invested in them. I think about how they are doing more often, I pray for them more diligently. I am now a shareholder, and am no longer an onlooker.

I'm not sure if this just means that I love my money too much, or if I've accidentally stumbled upon a spiritual law.
I have experienced this in reverse - someone I helped came to me spontaneously asking for advice, or became more open to share with me challenges he was facing. And that happened in my life too, when people spontaneously helped me, I was a lot more receptive to advice from them.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

RZehr wrote:
Josh wrote:
RZehr wrote:I have 12 siblings, my wife has 10 siblings.
So far we have 5 children and 68 nieces and nephews, without being "quiver full" believing.
One steer, one hog, one Buffalo, or American Bison, a few cats.
Wow.

Most unchurched people don't have family set ups like that. What are the best ways for our churches to relate well to such people?
I don't know, you probably know a lot better than I do.

Some of the things I've learned:
- Holidays. Many NMB members don't have a large family to celebrate with. Maybe consider skipping our own family holidays, in favor of spending the day with them.
- Converse during the week. They need someone to share with. Learning to understand each other only comes by spending time talking.
- Economics. When you come from a large family, I believe you have a economic advantage along with the many other advantages. Share your stuff like you would your family making them feel welcome in doing so.

Myself, my biological brother, and a NMB brother need housing 3 hours from here. My Uncle helped my biological brother find a property with two homes on it, which means we only need to find one more house.
I could rent the second home for about $500 per month. I also will have steady income over there, while my NMB brother will be starting a new business. There is another suitable house for rent on the open market for $1,550 per month. So what my biological brother suggested is that we three each pay the average cost of the three houses, that way none of us is penalized, and we can each use the house that fits us best.
:up:

My mom had 7 siblings and my dad has 4 brothers.
I have one sister.
My wife's mom has 2 siblings and her dad has 7.
My wife has 2 brothers and 2 sisters.
I have 27 first cousins and my wife has probably about that too. Many more second cousins for both.

We have 2 neices and 2 nephews.
And 6 children ourselves.
We aren't allowed pets at this rental...

Both my wife and myself grew up with lots of family gatherings and cousins around but we left that...

Thank you RZher and others that aren't hindered by bloodlines, your solutions sound very compassionate and Christ-like.
0 x