Fun and funny memories

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Fun and funny memories

Post by steve-in-kville »

RZehr wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:54 am I can relate to that. About 25 years ago, we had a swing shift, 3:00pm - 11:00pm. There was many wrestling matches and pranks, and worse going on. A bunch of young teenagers, mix of local high school and Mennonites. Lots of torn clothes, etc. The supervisor was young and tried to permit some, while trying to draw a line somewhere. Operative word being “trying”.
In later years the behavior became more regulated. Nowadays none of that would be tolerated there.
The stuff we did when I was still woodworking :o I am shocked no one got seriously hurt.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Re: Fun and funny memories

Post by ken_sylvania »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:27 am My employer's original third shift had only four guys on it: our supervisor, myself and two others. Our supervisor had the mindset that as long as the work got done and no one got hurt, he didn't care about whatever horseplay may happen.

One night, one of my more "colorful" coworkers decides to take off his button-up uniform shirt and fashion it into a turbine, leaving him bare-chested. He was a tall lanky guy which made it all the more funny. He wore this makeshift turbine for the rest of our shift (still no shirt on), at least until any brass started to show up.

Interestingly, a week later it was found on camera footage while another boss was looking for something else. Not a word was said to any of us :D
Was this the guy that developed the fabric-covered wind turbines for GE?
https://scitechdaily.com/fabric-covered ... efficient/
1 x