General Population Decline/Amish Population Bomb

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: General Population Decline/Amish Population Bomb

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:52 pmIt would be interesting to see the Amish getting involved in some of that if they are such experts in small-scale sustainable agriculture and making the most of smaller spaces: https://www.brightgreenfuture.com/brigh ... in-detroit
Given Detroit's horrible government and high taxes, the Amish would probably not be attracted to go there. Having a reputation for violent crime also does not attract the Amish.
It would seem like the perfect niche for the Amish to get involved since those sorts of small piecemeal plots are not conducive to large-scale mechanized agriculture anyway.
Small piecemeal plots are hard to work with (I know, I'm trying to work with some). Lot sizes under an acre aren't realistic.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:34 pm
Ken wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:52 pmIt would be interesting to see the Amish getting involved in some of that if they are such experts in small-scale sustainable agriculture and making the most of smaller spaces: https://www.brightgreenfuture.com/brigh ... in-detroit
Given Detroit's horrible government and high taxes, the Amish would probably not be attracted to go there. Having a reputation for violent crime also does not attract the Amish.
It would seem like the perfect niche for the Amish to get involved since those sorts of small piecemeal plots are not conducive to large-scale mechanized agriculture anyway.
Small piecemeal plots are hard to work with (I know, I'm trying to work with some). Lot sizes under an acre aren't realistic.
I guess that's one part of the world that they aren't going to take over then. :lol:
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:04 am
Josh wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:34 pm
I guess that's one part of the world that they aren't going to take over then. :lol:
Might focus on the other 99.9% of arable land.
0 x