I think it is funny

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: I think it is funny

Post by temporal1 »

lesterb wrote:
temporal1 wrote:... my mother would make a sandwich spread of bulk bologna put through her meat grinder, then mixed with mayo, diced onion, maybe a bit of pickle? celery? .. how was that, now? she called these "picnic sandwiches."

they took on a different taste, not bologna, not ham, but, very very tasty! :D
today's deli or commercial "ham salad" is not it!
I hadn't thought of that for years, but I think my mother did that too.
Wow, I could eat some of those sandwiches again. :!:
temporal1 wrote:... as a child, i was not fond of liver and onions. i recall having to sit with a plate of this in front of me long after everyone else left the table .. eventually, i was allowed to go to bed. (without the liver and/or onions.) :-|
Sorry, can't agree on this. My wife and I both like liver and onions. I'll order it in a restaurant at times, to my children's consternation. They can't imagine spending good money for liver and onions.

We don't have it much, but once the girls are gone, I guarantee we'll have it lots....
o, i developed a taste for liver and onions! :D
early in marriage, i found a French recipe that called for sauteing bunches of fresh parsley in butter, then sauteing the liver in this mixture. (easy, with no onions.) heavenly. 8-)
i have not made that in decades.

if mike offers deli sandwich mixes or sandwiches, he might sell a lot of those old-fashioned
"picnic sandwiches." maybe-probably a Depression recipe. we never had any left over!

now i must buy some bologna this week! :lol:

SPAM. my mother would occasionally fix it. i was not a fan. as a child, did not care for salty foods. even her otherwise delicious toasted cheese sandwiches were awful salty to me. as an adult, i WISH i still had that sensitivity. :-|
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Yep, I know what you mean. Spam was very salty when I first tried it as a teen and I didn't like it at first. I finally developed a taste for it about 15 years ago or so. It wasn't nearly as salty as I remembered but I still rinsed it off. I like it fried so that takes care of some of the salt too.

We're out of it and need to buy some more.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Y'all ever had fried spam and macaroni?
I used to enjoy that.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

"i'm pretty sure this church has the best baptisms."
http://christianfunnypictures.com/wp-co ... ptisms.jpg
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

0 x

UNKNOWN
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

temporal1 wrote:"who wants change?"
http://christianfunnypictures.com/wp-co ... change.jpg
:rofl:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

Last Sunday our MB teaching pastor was teaching on spiritual gifts and he mentioned that we should use the discernment of other brothers and sisters to see if we are operating in a spiritual gift that does build up the body. We may like to do certain things but it might be we just are not gifted in that area. I ran across this video that, according to my (and I think most with some ear for music) would agree this brother does not have a spiritual gifting in this area - hold unto your ears

Well, the piano player was pretty good and it would appear the congregation enjoyed his singing or they were just encouraging him as a joke. Perhaps this is good singing in some churches. Maybe it is me but I would think someone should inform this brother he wasn't really gifted in that area. Yes ? No?
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Sudsy wrote:Last Sunday our MB teaching pastor was teaching on spiritual gifts and he mentioned that we should use the discernment of other brothers and sisters to see if we are operating in a spiritual gift that does build up the body. We may like to do certain things but it might be we just are not gifted in that area. I ran across this video that, according to my (and I think most with some ear for music) would agree this brother doesnot have a spiritual gifting in this area - hold unto your ears

Hahahah that is pitiful..
Well, the piano player was pretty good.
Kind of sounded like an old Saloon player...
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Sudsy wrote:Last Sunday our MB teaching pastor was teaching on spiritual gifts and he mentioned that we should use the discernment of other brothers and sisters to see if we are operating in a spiritual gift that does build up the body. We may like to do certain things but it might be we just are not gifted in that area. I ran across this video that, according to my (and I think most with some ear for music) would agree this brother does not have a spiritual gifting in this area - hold unto your ears

Well, the piano player was pretty good and it would appear the congregation enjoyed his singing or they were just encouraging him as a joke. Perhaps this is good singing in some churches. Maybe it is me but I would think someone should inform this brother he wasn't really gifted in that area. Yes ? No?
Yes. Just show him the video. If he still can't hear the problem then 2 or three friends he trusts could 'explain it' to him.

Side note: our dog started howling after the first two seconds and we had to stop the vid. :o
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:"who wants change?"
http://christianfunnypictures.com/wp-co ... change.jpg
I don't think it is funny at all! Sad really, because it is true. We pray for revival, but it is always others who need it, and not we ourselves. Any true revival must first begin with me personally before I can expect God to work in others around me.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth