I think it is funny

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Re: I think it is funny

Post by appleman2006 »

Yeah pretty funny and a bit sad. In all fairness to PM Trudeau he did make a statement today that he was only joking and admitted it was a bad joke.
But considering how much emphasis his administration has had on the importance of treating woman fairly I do not think he should be surprised that people did not see it as a joke and that he was actually trying to take political correctness to a new high.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

appleman2006 wrote:Yeah pretty funny and a bit sad. In all fairness to PM Trudeau he did make a statement today that he was only joking and admitted it was a bad joke.
But considering how much emphasis his administration has had on the importance of treating woman fairly I do not think he should be surprised that people did not see it as a joke and that he was actually trying to take political correctness to a new high.
.. definitely not the worst decision he’s making, but, it sure has resonated in cyberspace. people reach their boiling point, i guess.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

appleman2006 wrote:Yeah pretty funny and a bit sad. In all fairness to PM Trudeau he did make a statement today that he was only joking and admitted it was a bad joke.
I just saw a clip and didn't realize it was a joke. On the bright side, he apparently gave all the unemployed Twitter users something to do all day.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

mike wrote:
I just saw a clip and didn't realize it was a joke. On the bright side, he apparently gave all the unemployed Twitter users something to do all day.
from what i gather, plenty of employed keep up with it, too.

No popcorn? :blah:
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5B2193E8
Last edited by temporal1 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Trudeaukind-of reminds me of something from an old Reader's Digest (which some of us progressive fundamental theological liberal conservatives used to occasionally read), back in the early days of the feminist movement when words like "chairperson" were being popularized:
Maternal person to androgynous offspring wrote:
Jamie, go out to the person box and see if the person person has brought us any person.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

ohio jones wrote:Trudeaukind-of reminds me of something from an old Reader's Digest (which some of us progressive fundamental theological liberal conservatives used to occasionally read), gasp! :shock: back in the early days of the feminist movement when words like "chairperson" were being popularized:
Maternal person to androgynous offspring wrote:
Jamie, go out to the person box and see if the person person has brought us any person.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

0 x
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

0 x