I think it is funny

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Re: I think it is funny

Post by lesterb »

MaxPC wrote:Wow! You could afford Spam? What's funny is when I finally did get a chance to taste it, I didn't like it. It was too salty.

We have some hot dogs in the fridge. I think I'll split a few and fry them up for supper because my wife is still under the weather. Just pray I don't ruin them and have to bury them.

There was a couple we met while RVing some years ago. His name was Magnus I recall because he liked my email address though mine is from the Latin. If I remember correctly he taught Physics. He was something of a top notch chef with cast iron pots on the fire. He and his wife go to these cast iron cooking meets and from the samples of his cooking he most likely won several competitions.

That's one skill I will likely never master though :rofl:
I still love spam though I don't think I had any while I was still at home. I enjoy salty stuff. Or I did before I had a mini-stroke several years ago. Now salty stuff is on the "don't" list. :? Unless no one is looking... ;)

Do you have sauerkraut to go with the wieners? Can we join you? 8-)
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Lester, you all would be welcome at the table too. I just made the hotdog sandwiches. They were quick and easy. The sauerkraut is beyond my skill set though :lol: That's my wife's specialty with smokey sausages and roasted potatoes (where's that Yum smiley?).
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

MaxPC wrote:Lester, you all would be welcome at the table too. I just made the hotdog sandwiches. They were quick and easy. The sauerkraut is beyond my skill set though :lol: That's my wife's specialty with smokey sausages and roasted potatoes (where's that Yum smiley?).
Not to brag, but I've got some mean 'kraut recipes
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

KingdomBuilder wrote:
MaxPC wrote:Lester, you all would be welcome at the table too. I just made the hotdog sandwiches. They were quick and easy. The sauerkraut is beyond my skill set though :lol: That's my wife's specialty with smokey sausages and roasted potatoes (where's that Yum smiley?).
Not to brag, but I've got some mean 'kraut recipes
Were they beaten? Is that why they're mean? Sorry couldn't resist that old joke. :mrgreen:

Where did you learn to cook, KB?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
KingdomBuilder

Post by KingdomBuilder »

MaxPC wrote:Where did you learn to cook, KB?
:lol:
Cookbooks and family. Well, one side of the family. The other side could burn water :lol:
"If you can read, you can cook" - Great Grandma
(not to say non-readers can't cook.)
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

KingdomBuilder wrote:
MaxPC wrote:Where did you learn to cook, KB?
:lol:
Cookbooks and family. Well, one side of the family. The other side could burn water :lol:
"If you can read, you can cook" - Great Grandma
(not to say non-readers can't cook.)
I think we're related! At least I'm related to "the other side who could burn water" :lol:

I think it's great that you know how. Your future wife will greatly appreciate it. My poor wife has to suffer when unable to cook.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
KingdomBuilder

Post by KingdomBuilder »

MaxPC wrote:I think it's great that you know how. Your future wife will greatly appreciate it. My poor wife has to suffer when unable to cook.
Future?! Wife?!?
How you angst me!
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:Wow! You could afford Spam? What's funny is when I finally did get a chance to taste it, I didn't like it. It was too salty.

We have some hot dogs in the fridge. I think I'll split a few and fry them up for supper because my wife is still under the weather. Just pray I don't ruin them and have to bury them.

There was a couple we met while RVing some years ago. His name was Magnus I recall because he liked my email address though mine is from the Latin. If I remember correctly he taught Physics. He was something of a top notch chef with cast iron pots on the fire. He and his wife go to these cast iron cooking meets and from the samples of his cooking he most likely won several competitions.

That's one skill I will likely never master though :rofl:
I have 2 videos on my Youtube channel demonstrating my cooking expertise.
I make the best PBM and PBJ in the world. No wish sandwiches for this boy...

0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

GC, I never knew you could cook :mrgreen: :up: Tell me, how long did it take for that last pb bite to unstick from the roof of your mouth?

I forgot to mention that I can fry bacon but you WOULD NOT want to eat my eggs. I think one of my eggs was once used to plug a hole in a boat.
:laugh
KingdomBuilder wrote:
MaxPC wrote:I think it's great that you know how. Your future wife will greatly appreciate it. My poor wife has to suffer when unable to cook.
Future?! Wife?!?
How you angst me!
Wellllllllll, I'm thinking you won't become a monk
:rofl:

When Jesus sent the demons into the pigs he made "deviled ham". :roll:
I know, that was a really old one.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:GC, I never knew you could cook :mrgreen: :up: Tell me, how long did it take for that last pb bite to unstick from the roof of your mouth?
Milk washes it all down very nicely. Thank you
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth