Seen in Munster

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Seen in Munster

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

see below
Last edited by Judas Maccabeus on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
:hug:
Judas Maccabeus

Re: Seen in Munster

Judas Maccabeus wrote:This book was seen in the stadtmuseum in Munster recently. It was in the exhibit on the Munster Rebellon.

It appears to say "Anabaptist Vampire" although my German is none too good. The "cell" looks like the Munster cages.

Anyone else seen anything like this before.

J.M.
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

No, we are not to look on a woman and lust and she is immodestly dressed. :lol:

Sorry, my bad sense of humour. :oops:
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

The openings on the cages at St. Lambert's are square, or nearly so, not rectangular. But the contents (insofar as visible in Kindle preview) do reference the cages, so it may just be that the artist failed to research that detail. This appears to be one of a series of horror novels about Mark Hellmann, Demon Hunter; published 1998, reissued 2016 with a different number and cover (and without the multiple-currency pricing).

I wouldn't take the Anabaptist reference too seriously.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Judas Maccabeus

ohio jones wrote:The openings on the cages at St. Lambert's are square, or nearly so, not rectangular. But the contents (insofar as visible in Kindle preview) do reference the cages, so it may just be that the artist failed to research that detail. This appears to be one of a series of horror novels about Mark Hellmann, Demon Hunter; published 1998, reissued 2016 with a different number and cover (and without the multiple-currency pricing).

I wouldn't take the Anabaptist reference too seriously.
I don't, but I found this really odd. The case with this sort of stuff in it was right across from a replica of the three cages.

More where this came from. There is an anabaptist chocolate bar there.....with nuts. (At least that is how I make out the German with my limited to nonexistent ability )

J.M.
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

Anabaptist chocolate bar with nuts! :idea: Why didn't I think of that one? :)
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

appleman2006 wrote:Anabaptist chocolate bar with nuts! :idea: Why didn't I think of that one? :)
:laugh
Can I get one with dark chocolate & coconut? :mrgreen:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

MaxPC wrote:
appleman2006 wrote:Anabaptist chocolate bar with nuts! :idea: Why didn't I think of that one? :)
:laugh
apple bar with nuts? - sounds really good. 8-)
in Germany, the nuts may be hazelnuts, a sublime addition to chocolate, indeed!

when i was young, we would occasionally have a treat of these small bites of chocolate from Germany sold individually in gas stations and pharmacies ..
Ice Cubes
http://www.thechocolatestore.com/pd-17- ... z-4-7.aspx

they had a distinct flavor .. i thot it was something about "German" chocolate .. :?
hazelnuts were not noted on the labels.
decades later, when we visited Switzerland, we realized, in Europe, hazelnuts are common in chocolate! it was the hazelnuts! :lol:

we sampled our first Nutella in Switzerland, served in a little container with breakfast (like jellies are often served in the U.S.) .. hazlenut chocolate spread for breakfast! brilliant! :lol:
now, Nutella is sold in most U.S. markets. the recipe has been changed bit.

i suppose, the U.S. peanut market doesn't much care for hazlenuts.

i have wondered where they grow "all those hazelnuts" in Europe.
The Market for Hazelnuts
http://www.badgersett.com/info/hazelnuts/hazel4
Annual world hazelnut production is about 455,000 metric tons, a little more than that of almonds. Turkey produces 65 percent of hazels on the world market, Italy 20 percent, and the US 3 percent. Europe is currently the biggest consumer of hazelnuts.

In the US, 98 percent of commercial production is in or near the Willamette Valley of Oregon,
because that is the only region where the standard European varieties will thrive.
The US produces only about 20% of its present consumption.
i thought about planting some bushes, but so dislike squirrels, decided against it.
i lived an Elmer Fudd-like life with squirrels at one place we lived! they outsmarted+outmaneuvered me at every turn! grrr. i did not want to invite a rematch here. :evil:

hazelnuts+chocolate. divine. :hug:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

My how quickly a thread can degenerate from Anabaptist vampires to death by chocolate...I suppose that most Anabaptists were martyred on strawberry steaks...
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

gcdonner wrote:My how quickly a thread can degenerate from Anabaptist vampires to death by chocolate...I suppose that most Anabaptists were martyred on strawberry steaks...
Chocolate bunny trails are a seasonal thing, I think. Whoever has ears to hear (that haven't been broken off and eaten yet), let them hear.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited