Unique Weddings and Couples

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Unique Weddings and Couples

Post by Ernie »

I've always enjoyed reading about weddings and couples who were fine with doing what fit them as a couple.

This is a thread to post about such things.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie

Re: Unique Weddings and Couples

Post by Ernie »

This couple decided to get married during a blizzard. (Winter Storm Bobby | January 29, 2022

https://abc13.com/wedding-snow-rhode-is ... /11522543/
Last edited by Ernie on Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ernie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:34 pm I've always enjoyed reading about weddings and couples who were fine with doing what fit them as a couple.

This is a thread to post about such things.
Is this thread about weddings where couples may have conducted there weddings out of the ordinary?

Could you be more specific ?
Last edited by Grace on Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Ernie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:37 pm This couple decided to get married during a blizzard. (Winter Storm Bobby | January 29, 2022

https://belgium.kivazen.com/rhode-islan ... snowstorm/

Oops, My Norton anti-virus blocked the site, "says it is malicious".
1 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

This couple decided to get a lot of mileage out of the bride's wedding dress.

https://creatorsempire.com/her-vow-to-c ... tradition/ | October 2021
0 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Grace wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:37 pm Is this thread about weddings where couples may have conducted there weddings out of the ordinary?
Correct. But can include anything other customs in subsequent years related to their wedding.

I posted a new link on the "blizzard" post.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Ernie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:50 pm
Grace wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:37 pm Is this thread about weddings where couples may have conducted there weddings out of the ordinary?
Correct. But can include anything other customs in subsequent years related to their wedding.

I posted a new link on the "blizzard" post.
Maybe not unusual anymore, but I am seeing more of the "country" or farm-themed weddings where the bride and groom dress like they just got done milking the cows, wedding pictures taken with John Deere's in the background, etc.

Personally, my wife and I had a taco salad buffet at our reception.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Grace

Post by Grace »

This Cowboy/Amish/Mennonite wedding is worth a watch. The young lady's father has a hay business and sells horse products, but also has a prize winning team of Percheron horses he takes to shows. If you don't want to watch the whole wedding the horses arrive at around the 6:42 mark.

0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Grace wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:26 am This Cowboy/Amish/Mennonite wedding is worth a watch. The young lady's father has a hay business and sells horse products, but also has a prize winning team of Percheron horses he takes to shows. If you don't want to watch the whole wedding the horses arrive at around the 6:42 mark.

The amount of pageantry and money spent on these weddings is disturbing.
0 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Grace wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:26 am This Cowboy/Amish/Mennonite wedding is worth a watch. The young lady's father has a hay business and sells horse products, but also has a prize winning team of Percheron horses he takes to shows. If you don't want to watch the whole wedding the horses arrive at around the 6:42 mark.

The bride's and the attendants' dresses were unusually pretty, and well-coordinated with the flowers, for a lovely presentation. I have a cousin whose granddaughter's wedding was quite similar, only her brothers were packing. :? Apparently that symbolized turning over protection of the bride to her groom.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.