One Man Choir

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

One Man Choir

Post by Ernie »

Can anyone explain how this guy was able to do this?

3 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: One Man Choir

Post by ohio jones »

It is probably the same technique that this guy uses with vertical slices of video composited together. With Acapeldridge you can see the variations in wall color and shadow that indicate where the breaks are (and this is one of his better ones in this regard), but Goulder's video editing is more professional.

3 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Both are remarkable. Wonderful.
There is something about a choir of different souls coming together to create harmony that just can’t be denied, tho.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Abbott
Affiliation: Uncloistered

Post by Abbott »

Ernie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:05 pm Can anyone explain how this guy was able to do this?
It takes a lot of time and patience along with some trial and error. Essentially he set up the camera and recorded himself standing at 9 different spots while singing a specific part, then edited the videos together by layering a portion of videos 2-9 on top of the original video. This can be done in a number of ways, but this diagram is a fairly likely explanation of how he did this:
Explanation.jpg
2 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Wow. Impressive. Thanks!
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"