A challenger appears

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
Aaron
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: A challenger appears

Post by Aaron »

"What, exactly, does "passing the test" mean?"

Already answered. (someone asked what is the criteria? )

Simple too. The "test" of Scripture - same as the Bereans used to know if a message was of and from God or not. They went and verified it if they were not already sure , searching the Scripture, or reading and praying?? , to see if any message even from an Apostle was in line with the Scripture/Good News/ that was already delivered ....

For example, I think 1st John gives the simplest and maybe the best (if there is good, better, best comparisons),
description describing in God's Word , for all to know ..... It is by far not the only description God Gives, no, but
I was told or read that 1st John was one of the first, or the first? , NT books written to 'baby' or 'new' believers to "know" for themselves when they were .....

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

i.e. those who are newborns, newly Christian, born again recently, or years ago,

as written, they can KNOW.... no worry, no doubt, no fear.... but in the Father's Perfect Love Know they are His.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: A challenger appears

Post by Robert »

How about this test?
Romans 12,9-21
9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.
18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.
20 On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.