A challenger appears

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
Moses
Affiliation: Jewish

Re: A challenger appears

Post by Moses »

Ken wrote:And you guys thought I was the annoying one!
It's all relatives.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Moses wrote:
Ken wrote:And you guys thought I was the annoying one!
It's all relatives.
Wait....now we believe in moral relativism? How very modern of you!
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

RZehr wrote:
Josh wrote:"Aaron / 316 / Anabaptist / 30 Jul 2020 22:01" - average of 29.88 posts per day; one post every 48 minutes

"Josh / 9150 / Minerva, O., COGIC / 19 Oct 2016 18:23" - average of 6.58 posts per day; one post every 219 minutes

My coveted rank as the most prolific poster in MennoNet history will, at the current rate, be eclipsed on the 24th of August of next year, if current trends continue, right around the 11,640 post mark.
Does this date include the rate of increase? It started at 20 per day, now is 29 per day.
#teamAaron
I did not perform such an analysis; I used a single factor linear rate of increase. I could do the analysis you requested on Aaron, since it wouldn't be a lot of work to break down his posting history by date, but for myself the effort involved just seemed too voluminous.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

mike wrote:
I thought you weren't that into memes. Cool
I never said I wasn't into memes at all, but I think they're a poor way to engage in theological or political discourse. I can handle the occasional catchphrase.
0 x
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Post by AnthonyMartin »

Memes, hmmmm....
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote:I'm unsure if Aaron is serious or is some kind of advanced troll. In particular, I can't find any evidence of his posting style anywhere else (and it's fairly unique). We appear to have been targeted.
To me, he seems a very serious Christian, very pro-Anabsptist, who joined assuming he'd find same, but not on same page as most, to his dismay I take it
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Valerie wrote:
Josh wrote:I'm unsure if Aaron is serious or is some kind of advanced troll. In particular, I can't find any evidence of his posting style anywhere else (and it's fairly unique). We appear to have been targeted.
To me, he seems a very serious Christian, very pro-Anabsptist, who joined assuming he'd find same, but not on same page as most, to his dismay I take it
What? So far he's just talked about how the truth about how to not get cancer and colds is in the Bible if we'd just listen and believe.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Josh wrote:
Valerie wrote:
What? So far he's just talked about how the truth about how to not get cancer and colds is in the Bible if we'd just listen and believe.
To be fair, in addition to that he also took the time to express his support for the EO church.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

ken_sylvania wrote:
Josh wrote:
Valerie wrote: To me, he seems a very serious Christian, very pro-Anabsptist, who joined assuming he'd find same, but not on same page as most, to his dismay I take it
To be fair, in addition to that he also took the time to express his support for the EO church.
I have not read all of his posts but his walk is impressive- just from what I've read- and his direction- I don't agree with some of the conclusions he's drawn about the early church but that is a by-product of the Reformation where everyone re-invented the wheel so I understand where people come out in different conclusions & interpretations

I agree with him on health issues (so far as I've read)

I have not seen his post defending the EO Church but what I HAVE read is directly opposed to EO so point me (please) to where he supports interest in EO Church- I have found his depth to be similar, but his position on church history & some interpretations directly in contradiction to theirs

I find it interesting that his posts are very thought provoking & his love for the Lord sincere while myriads of posts are basically back stabbing- not a fruit of the Spirit-in other words-lots of time wasted 'about' him, and part of that is because his thought provoking posts seems a waste of time- seems somewhat hypocritical? I don't know- just seems that way
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

I understand some of this is tongue in cheek, but we do need to be careful not to talk about people, but talk to people.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.