Sound Doctrine - singing at Gateway Anabaptist Church House

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
karpos
Affiliation: beachy

Re: Sound Doctrine - singing at Gateway Anabaptist Church House

Post by karpos »

Hats Off wrote: Perhaps we could have this discussion moved to a new thread so we could keep this one as lily requested. And, lily of the desert, there is a separate thread for discussing songs and music called Hymn Share.
you're probably right.
0 x
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

karpos wrote:
lily of the desert wrote:
KingdomBuilder wrote:
I'd be inserting the thumbs down smilie.. If only there were one.
I don't get it. What's wrong with KJV? Do Anabaptists not like it or something?
Beachy & Eastern and many others use it. Some like BMA dont. My wife and I prefer it. Some people gripe about it every time they can. <shrug>
If this particular apostolic church is anabaptist like it says, then this is a group that uses KJV only. http://www.apostolicchristian.org/visitors-guide
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Apostolic Christian Church of America (ACCA) churches are not KJV-only. Sometimes a speaker will use another translation.

Apostolic Christian Church - Nazarean (ACC-N) are not KJV only, but using other translations would be much rarer. When someone leads public prayer they like to use "thees" and "thous" when addressing the Lord.
0 x
Karstan78
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Karstan78 »

Josh wrote: Apostolic Christian Church - Nazarean (ACC-N) are not KJV only, but using other translations would be much rarer. When someone leads public prayer they like to use "thees" and "thous" when addressing the Lord.
I’ve thought a lot about this recently and I believe it may have something to do with the fact that for many Nazarenes, English is a second language and Biblical KJV is the only written English many will use. Our hymn books are also reflective of this language, as they remain unchanged for the past 170 years. It then becomes second nature to pray using “Thee and thou” In Europe they are still also using the High German bible and have only in the past few years standardised their hymnals from Gothic to Latin alphabet.
0 x