The adventures in Daphna Dale.....

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: The adventures in Daphna Dale.....

Post by MaxPC »

ShantyShaker wrote:An update on the goat milk scenario, there was an immediate difference in the way our daughter tolerated her bottle. She continued to be happy after her feedings which was new for her. She has mostly thrived with this change in her diet. I say mostly, because she still gets sick easily which we were informed is most likely due to the antibiotics she needed while in the hospital when she was two months old.
Sounds like blessed progress. Will keep her in prayers too :pray :pray :pray :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

And our baby girl continues to thrive on goats milk. She also eats everything we do now, the milk just supplements it a little. And makes putting her to sleep easier!
She is a year old now and just since her birthday has started walking.

In other news, tomorrow we should have our first teenager that's licensed to drive. That will be a load reduction for my wife as he'll be able to take his siblings along to school each day.

And we are ready for the last quarter of this school year. Time just keeps marching on!
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

:D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

Time for a little update......

On Monday I'll fit my user name again. A different company than I previously delivered for, this one came to me. It's closer home, which will be nice. Two of our sons have been working in the shop there for a few weeks now, so we'll possibly be able to travel to work together, at least some days.

In other news, our goat had triplets this spring, it's been fun watching them grow and play.

Three of our children are staying an extra two weeks at their grandparents to help their great-grandparents with the great-grandparents huge blueberry patch. My wife spent one week there with all the children.

A pair of local farmers rented our pasture and have quite a few cow-calf pairs grazing here. It's nice to watch, and nice to see the grass being put to good use.

Our third son purchased his first tractor, a 1952 Case VAI. It's in pretty good condition, though we have yet to getting it running. I'm sure we'll get it figured out yet. We hope to be able to keep the pasture trimmed with it, and make getting the garden preparation easier.

And we now have a second licensed teen driver. He loves to drive, and drove the whole way to Pa last Sunday. My wife and I actually got to sit side by side in the back of our big van! The downside to putting two teen male drivers on is our auto insurance tripled from when it was just my wife and I as drivers on the policy.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

ShantyShaker wrote:And we now have a second licensed teen driver. He loves to drive, and drove the whole way to Pa last Sunday. My wife and I actually got to sit side by side in the back of our big van! The downside to putting two teen male drivers on is our auto insurance tripled from when it was just my wife and I as drivers on the policy.
I will soon have a second teen driver also. So are you getting them to help pay for the insurance?
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

mike wrote:
ShantyShaker wrote:And we now have a second licensed teen driver. He loves to drive, and drove the whole way to Pa last Sunday. My wife and I actually got to sit side by side in the back of our big van! The downside to putting two teen male drivers on is our auto insurance tripled from when it was just my wife and I as drivers on the policy.
I will soon have a second teen driver also. So are you getting them to help pay for the insurance?
To a degree anyway, the oldest has a summer job which helps. His being able to do the school run was enough to offset the increase in insurance for him during the school year.
The second son plans to get a part-time job as soon as he is done with his summer adventures of helping his great-grandparents out. He plans to keep that up throughout the school year.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

ShantyShaker it’s good to hear from you! Last week I was thinking and wondering how you all were doing.

Those old tractors are fun to restore. I miss my tractor but my wife doesn’t miss the crankcase grease on my pants. :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

A full month of shaking shanties again! My skills haven't faded, though this companies trailers don't have quite all the options I was used to. I have found (and was shown) a few ways to overcome the lack of the options.

Last night we hosted our youth group for the first time. It was nice seeing the pleasant conversations going on throughout the night. We had three of the youth Shepard's here as well, something we didn't have in the church and youth group we grew up in. I really like that, as I feel it helps the younger youth adjust, and keeps the others more accountable as well. I have really appreciated this youth group.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

I find it so strange that the "liberal" churches such as BMA (or our local Bible Chapel) have adults with the youth groups yet we old orders and other plain churches don't.
0 x