The adventures in Daphna Dale.....

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: The adventures in Daphna Dale.....

Post by MaxPC »

ShantyShaker wrote:Our 10 week old daughter finally came home from the hospital last evening after spending 17 days there! We are all grateful to God for sparing her life and allowing her to rejoin our family at home!
We praise God for His care over you all.
:pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

MaxPC wrote:
ShantyShaker wrote:Our 10 week old daughter finally came home from the hospital last evening after spending 17 days there! We are all grateful to God for sparing her life and allowing her to rejoin our family at home!
did they ever determine the problem? will she require extra care/special diet?
they are so tiny and fragile, even when well+thriving! it’s all so humbling.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

temporal1 wrote:
MaxPC wrote:
did they ever determine the problem? will she require extra care/special diet?
they are so tiny and fragile, even when well+thriving! it’s all so humbling.
They never did reach a diagnosis, they're guessing she had a bowel perforation that caused the infection, but it healed again while they were treating the infection and waiting for her to be well enough to do imaging to look for the problem.

She had a follow-up at the pediatrician yesterday, and was sent for more labs. They called back and said her blood clotted before they could do the test, so she has to go get it done again this morning. Keep praying for mommy and baby!
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

ShantyShaker wrote:
They never did reach a diagnosis, they're guessing she had a bowel perforation that caused the infection, but it healed again while they were treating the infection and waiting for her to be well enough to do imaging to look for the problem.

She had a follow-up at the pediatrician yesterday, and was sent for more labs. They called back and said her blood clotted before they could do the test, so she has to go get it done again this morning. Keep praying for mommy and baby!
:pray :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

Meanwhile that the doctor visit and blood draw were happening at home, I was having my own adventures.
I'm now driving a semi truck and I was coming down a long hill yesterday when the shifter linkage between the shifter stick and transmission went bad and I was in neutral for a bit until I managed to knock it back into gear and get to a safe place to pull off. The transmission was then locked into the gear I managed to bump it into.
It ended up that I got towed to a shop to get fixed and am now waiting on parts to get here so it can get fixed and I can get back to my family.
0 x
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

The headstone we ordered for our infant son was placed on Wed. We're very pleased with how it turned out.
It was kind of an emotional day, and I felt like I had to go to work so it really tugged on me to not be there.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1533157451411.jpg
FB_IMG_1533157451411.jpg (142.42 KiB) Viewed 600 times
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

ShantyShaker wrote:The headstone we ordered for our infant son was placed on Wed. We're very pleased with how it turned out.
It was kind of an emotional day, and I felt like I had to go to work so it really tugged on me to not be there.
:pray :pray :hug:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

Time for an update;

The first quarter of school is already behind us for this year! We have 7 children in school this year, so it takes some management on my wife's part to get them off to school each day. Their report cards looked pretty good for the most part.
Baby girl is doing well since her episode last spring, she's now slowly crawling, and even pulling herself up to furniture.
There are no physical side effects we see other than a small scar on her chest where her pic line had been sewn in so she couldn't pull it out.
Psychologically she gets very mad quickly whenever she experiences any pain, hopefully she'll out grow that with time.
In other news, I lost my first aunt to cancer last week. This is the first loss among all my uncles and aunts on both maternal and paternal families. The funeral is this Thurs, and unfortunately we will be unable to attend.
This aunt had did so well in sending my wife an encouraging text each day for over a year after we lost our baby as she had lost a baby a little over 20 years earlier. Pray for her family this week, she had 2 daughters (both married), one son, and 3 grandchildren.
0 x
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

Recently we were alerted to what all is in baby formula, and got to thinking about this and the fact that our now almost 10 month old baby girl still seems to have some acid reflux. She also got/gets real angry easily, something we've noticed is her reaction to pain ever since her hospital stay last spring.
So we decided to try goats milk, friends of ours gave us some to try, she seemed to like it and was happy all afternoon. So we've been buying more off of our friends and it seems to be bringing the desired results!
We've also been told that it could take a year for her digestive tract to completely heal, and now we're hoping this speeds up the process.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I hope your baby gets better.
0 x