The adventures in Daphna Dale.....

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Re: The adventures in Daphna Dale.....

Post by ShantyShaker »

And I have a temporary job to help get us through the winter. It does mean I'll have to leave the family for approx two weeks at a time. Currently that looks like I can get 2 two week work stretches in with a week break in between before it's baby time at our house again.
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

To the exact day, a year after burying our baby boy, we welcome a new daughter!
The children (and parents) are very excited and loving this new blessing! She was born on Fri afternoon and weighed 8lbs4oz and was 19.5".
We named her Martha Janae. Martha after her mother, and Janae means "God has answered".
Mom and baby are doing well!
0 x
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

ShantyShaker wrote:To the exact day, a year after burying our baby boy, we welcome a new daughter!
The children (and parents) are very excited and loving this new blessing! She was born on Fri afternoon and weighed 8lbs4oz and was 19.5".
We named her Martha Janae. Martha after her mother, and Janae means "God has answered".
Congratulations! God is good!
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

ShantyShaker wrote:To the exact day, a year after burying our baby boy, we welcome a new daughter!
All thanks and praise to God. Congratulations! We love her name too.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

What a treat to come home evenings and being able to hold a new born! It seems we have another "daddy girl" which is just fine by me!
She is now three weeks old.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Thanks and praises to Jesus.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

And now our lives took on a new twist, a local farmer with a few semi trucks contacted me back again somewhere around a week ago offering me a full-time job driving for him.
I was recently thinking that I need to find something that gets me home earlier evenings for the family's sake.
So this job should do that for us, unfortunately it is not a step up in income. But I should have time to work MY business this way as well as be able to help in the big family garden more.
Speaking of garden, we planted the first little section on Saturday. We're looking forward to what should do to better the family budget as well as eating healthier.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

ShantyShaker wrote:And now our lives took on a new twist, a local farmer with a few semi trucks contacted me back again somewhere around a week ago offering me a full-time job driving for him.
I was recently thinking that I need to find something that gets me home earlier evenings for the family's sake.
So this job should do that for us, unfortunately it is not a step up in income. But I should have time to work MY business this way as well as be able to help in the big family garden more.
Speaking of garden, we planted the first little section on Saturday. We're looking forward to what should do to better the family budget as well as eating healthier.
With many mouths to feed it becomes more apparent how valuable having a garden is, for a number of reasons. Glad to hear you can be home earlier - Lord willing.
0 x
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

Our newest adventure (as seen in the prayer request thread) is that our two month old baby is in the hospital with an undiagnosed condition. She had/has strep A, but they haven't been able to find the cause yet.
Our church family had really rallied around us in our time of need, meals have come in each evening, they've given us rides to the hospital evenings to see mom and baby, and made sure our children got to and from school. The hospital is a little over an hour from our house, so we spend more time on the road each evening than with our loved ones, but at least we get to see them and catch up a little on each others day.
0 x
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

Our 10 week old daughter finally came home from the hospital last evening after spending 17 days there! We are all grateful to God for sparing her life and allowing her to rejoin our family at home!
0 x