Flannel shirts

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Flannel shirts

Post by temporal1 »

Signtist wrote:
Neto wrote:I have a few flannel shirts - I've worn them since as long as I can remember. (Not the ones I have now, just flannel shirts in general. The colors are different now than they were back in the early 70's, late 60's.) Anyway I'm a bit more reluctant to wear them now, since it's become a fad for (what I call) "pretty boys" to wear them now. (No offense to anyone intended.)
If you get cold enough and the item in question is warm, you wear it. Regardless if pretty boys, ugly ducklings, martians or democrats think it's trendy.
The voice of Canada! :D
but, having just returned from the U.S. west coast, i empathize with the fad-thing.
the "precision" of these fads is crazy.

for women, the trend toward wearing (what i would describe as tight undergarments painted on) as pants-for-every-occasion, every age, size, every color+pattern, every economic status, was eye-popping (to me.) ("to me," i felt like the only one who noticed.) :-|
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

t1, I first observed such fads in 2010 and predicted soon people in Ohio would embrace such fads and sure enough they have.

A big part of nonconformity and plainness, for me, is creating a culture where young people don't need to chase fashion trends in order to have any friends, fit in, or be attractive to the opposite sex.
0 x
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Post by Haystack »

I find flannels to be the best option for my location since they keep me warm, but not too hot like a coat would. No trend chasing here.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

I got a flannel shirt at a thrift store so not sure if it available anywhere but it is a long sleeve button up plaid (soft grey and brown). No outside tags except at the very bottom where the shirt tucks in anyway. It says "Eastern Mountain Sports.". Normally I don't look at much on the internet so I never looked into this but maybe this brand has some more calm, plain clothing?
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Ebay has lots of choices. Used and from China options are inexpensive.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I hope some day we restore the custom of making men's clothes like we do women's. It is an important part of our lives and something worth maintaining control over.
0 x
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

why is making men's clothing an important part of "our life?"
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

or women's clothing, for that matter. in either case i'm guessing it's ok to purchase ready made underwear. nobody would be impressed with our godly simplicity on an article of clothing they can't see.
0 x
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Post by Haystack »

Josh wrote:I hope some day we restore the custom of making men's clothes like we do women's. It is an important part of our lives and something worth maintaining control over.
I also find it strange that women's clothing is to be made, but men's clothing can be store bought.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Haystack wrote:
Josh wrote:I hope some day we restore the custom of making men's clothes like we do women's. It is an important part of our lives and something worth maintaining control over.
I also find it strange that women's clothing is to be made, but men's clothing can be store bought.
It seems that there is some men's clothing that we can buy and still be God honouring. Women's clothing in the world is farther away in finding anything that fits with biblical principles.
And besides we have bought lots of dresses for my wife and daughters - store bought!
The place we buy from has a website but I can't say how much advertising they want so if you want a to know of an excellent place to buy custom cape dresses from, for a great price, and excellent quality - PM me.
0 x